Adobe Systems Incorporated – Company Information
Adobe Systems Incorporated is a multinational computer software company based in San Jose, California, USA.
The company was founded by two former Xerox PARC employees, John Warnock and Charles Geschke, in 1982.
The two men created Adobe to develop the PostScript page description language. The company went onto to develop consumer software with its iconic vector-based drawing program “Adobe Illustrator”.
It wasn’t until 1993 that the company introduced the revolutionary file format “PDF”, the Portable Document Format, and its Adobe Acrobat and Reader software.
Adobe went public on August 20, 1986, at a split-adjusted share price of US$.17. Its stock is traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol ADBE.
According to the company, over 90% of the world’s creative professionals use Photoshop and more than 5,000 of the world’s top brands rely on Adobe digital marketing solutions.
- President and CEO: Shantanu Narayen
- Chairman(s): John Warnock and Charles Geschke
- Industry: Computer Software
- Type: Public company
- Listed on NASDAQ
- NASDAQ stock symbol: ADBE
- NASDAQ-100 Component
- S&P 500 Component
- Founded: 1982
- Founder(s): Charles Geschke and John Warnock
- Revenue: $4.147 billion USD (2014)
- Net income: $268.39 million USD (2014)
- Earnings per share: $0.54 USD (2014)
- Company head office: Adobe Systems complex, San Jose, California, USA
- Employees: 12,499 (2014)
- Website: http://www.adobe.com/
- Investor relations number: 408-536-4700
- Investor relations email: [email protected]
Adobe Systems Incorporated Financial Results
|Operating data (in $ thousands)||2014||2013|
|Total cost of revenue||$622,080||$586,557|
|Total operating expenses||$3,112,300||$3,045,960|
|Income before income taxes||$361,376||$356,141|
|Balance sheet data (in $ thousands)|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$6,775,905||$6,724,634|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic earnings per share||$0.54||$0.58|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.53||$0.56|
|Cash flow data (in $ thousands)|
|Net cash provided by operating activities||$1,287,482||$1,151,686|
|Net cash (used for) provided by investing activities||$(490,707)||$(1,177,803)|
|Net cash (used for) provided by financing activities||$(507,283)||$(559,138)|
|Cash and cash equivalents at end of year||$1,117400||$834,556|