Agilent Technologies – Company Information
Agilent Technologies is a multinational company that produces a wide range of measurement solutions.
Based in Santa Clara, California, USA, Agilent is at the a global leader in measurement products, gas chromatographs and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry tests.
The company is comprised of four main businesses: Chemical Analysis, Life Sciences, Diagnostics and Genomics, and Electronic Measurement.
Agilent Technologies has customers in over 100 countries, with a team of more than 21,400 employees.
The company was created in 1999 after being spun off from Hewlett-Packard Company.
Agilent’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “A.”
The products that Agilent Technologies manufacture include: signal generators, oscilloscopes, automated optical inspection, vector network analyzers, atomic force microscopes (AFM), automated X-ray inspection (5DX), electronic design automation (EDA) software (EEsof), spectrum analyzers, liquid and gas chromatographs, mass spectrometers, and DNA microarrays.
The company sells its products primarily through direct sales, but also uses distributors, resellers, manufacturer representatives, telesales, and electronic commerce.
Its primary research and development and manufacturing sites are in California, Colorado and Delaware in the U.S. as well as operating facilities in the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Germany, China, Denmark, Italy, India, Malaysia, Poland, and Singapore.
- Chairman and CEO: Dan Amos
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Type: Public company
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock symbol: A
- S&P 500 Component
- Founded: 1999 (spun off from HP)
- Revenue: $4.5 billion USD (2017)
- Operating income: $841 million USD (2017)
- Net income: $684 million USD (2017)
- Company head office: 5301 Stevens Creek Blvd. MS 1A-IR Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
- Employees: 13,500 (2017)
- Website: http://www.agilent.com/
- Investor relations email: [email protected].com
- Investor relations number: 408-345-8862