América Móvil – Company Information
América Móvil is a leading multinational wireless communications services provider, based in Mexico City, Mexico.
Its main business focuses are mobile and landline telephony services, broadband access, and cable and satellite television services.
The company is the largest mobile network operator in Latin America and the fourth largest in the world in terms of equity subscribers, with a total of approximately 246 million subscribers across 18 countries.
It has more than 31 million fixed lines, 19 million fixed broadband accesses, around 19 million television subscribers, and coverage for a combined population of 852 million.
The company operates in Mexico under its subsidiaries Telmex and Telcel – the largest mobile operator in Mexico.
It operates in other Latin American countries under its Claro subsidiaries.
América Móvil also has a presence in the US through its subsidiary TracFone Wireless, which operates the brands TracFone, Straight Talk, NET10 Wireless, Telcel América, and SIMPLE Mobile.
The company is publicly listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange, under the stock ticker symbol ‘AMX’.
- CEO: Daniel Hajj Aboumrad
- Chairman of the board of Telmex: Carlos Slim Domit
- Type: Public
- Industry: Telecommunications
- Traded as NYSE:AMX, BMV:AMX, NASDAQ:AMOV
- Revenue: $57.635 billion USD (2014)
- Net income: $3,227 million USD (2014)
- Diluted earnings per share: $0.05 USD (2014)
- Founded: 2000
- Employees: 191,156 (2014)
- Corporate headquarters: Lago Zurich 245, Plaza Carso / Edificio Telcel, Piso 16, Colonia Ampliación Granada, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, 11529, México, D.F., México
- Corporate contact number: (5255) 2581-4449
- Investor relations contact number: (5255) 2581-4449
- Investor relations email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.americamovil.com/
América Móvil Financial Results, Years Ended December 31
|Operating data (in $ millions)||2014||2013|
|Operating costs and expenses||$46,997||$48,320|
|Profit before income tax||$5,926||$8,056|
|Net profit for the year||$3,227||$5,734|
|Total comprehensive income for the year||$2,318||$3,435|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic earnings (loss) per common share||$0.05||$0.0776|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per common share||$0.05||$0.0776|
|Cash flow data (in $ millions)|
|Net cash provided by operating activities||$16,346||$14,361|
|Net cash used in investing activities||$(10,029)||$(10,270)|
|Net cash used in financing activities||$(5,079)||$(3,566)|
|Cash and cash equivalents at beginning of period||$3,272||$3,478|
|Cash and cash equivalents at end of period||$4,516||$3,683|
Source: “América Móvil Form 20-F 2014”