The Dover Corporation – Company Information
The Dover Corporation is a multinational manufacturer that focuses on equipment and components, speciality systems, and support services.
The company is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois.
It has four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Printing & Identification, and Communication Technologies.
Energy – offers solutions for the extraction and handling of gas and oil in the drilling, production, and downstream markets.
Engineered Systems – provides fluid solutions and refrigeration & industrial services.
Printing & Identification – provides coding, dispensing, and printing solutions for the pharmaceutical, food, industrial, and consumer goods markets.
Communication Technologies – designs and manufactures products and components in the aerospace/defense, medical technology, consumer electronics, telecom, and other markets.
Dover was incorporated in the State of Delaware in 1947 and went public in 1955 on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock ticker symbol ‘DOV’.
- President and CEO: Robert A. Livingston
- Chairman: Robert W. Cremin
- Type: Public
- Industry: Industrial Products
- Publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock ticker symbol: DOV
- S&P 500 Component
- Revenue: $8.729 billion USD (2013)
- Net income: $1.003 billion USD (2013)
- Diluted earnings per share: $5.78 USD (2013)
- Employees: 37,000 (2013)
- Corporate headquarters: 3005 Highland Parkway, Downers Grove, Illinois 60515, USA
- Corporate contact number: (630) 541-1540
- Investor relations contact number: (212) 922-1640
- Investor relations email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.dovercorporation.com/
|Operating data (in $ thousands)||2013||2012|
|Cost of goods and services||$5,390,032||$4,997,274|
|Selling and administrative expenses||$1,985,849||$1,841,688|
|Earnings from continuing operations||$965,805||$833,119|
|Earnings (loss) from discontinued operations, net||$37,324||$(22,049)|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$5,377,396||$4,919,230|
|Cash flow data (in $ millions)|
|Net cash provided by operating activities||$1,178,685||$1,261,160|
|Net cash used in investing activities||$(463,051)||$(1,345,888)|
|Net cash used in financing activities||$(678,542)||$(342,942)|
|Cash and cash equivalents at end of period||$803,882||$800,076|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic earnings (loss) per common share||$5.86||$4.47|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per common share||$5.78||$4.41|