Kellogg’s – Company Information
Kellogg’s is a food manufacturing company based in Michigan, USA.
The company produces a range of food products, including breakfast cereals, cookies, snacks, and other foods.
Its most well known brands are: Corn Flakes, Cocoa Krispies, Nutri-Grain, Special K, Froot Loops, Rice Krispies, Pop-Tarts, Pringles, Cheez-It, Keebler, Eggo, and more.
Will Keith Kellogg founded the company in 1906 under the name Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company.
The company produced the immensely successful breakfast cereal called “Kellogg’s Toasted Corn Flakes” and in 1922 it was renamed the Kellogg Company. It wasn’t long before Kellogg’s became an American household name.
The company went public on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol K in 1959 – 15,600 shares were offered at $23.75 per share.
Kellogg’s manufactures its products in 35 countries and sells them in over 180 countries. Its vision is “to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter.”
Kellogg’s – Company Overview
- Chairman: James M. Jenness
- President and CEO: John A. Bryant
- Industry: Food processing
- Type: Public
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- NYSE stock symbol: K
- S&P 500 Component
- Sales: $14.792 billion USD (2013)
- Earnings per share: $4.98 USD (2013)
- Total assets: $15.474 billion USD (2013)
- Founded: February 19, 1906
- Founder: Will Keith Kellogg
- Headquarters: Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
- Employees: 30,277 (2014)
- Website: http://www.kelloggcompany.com/
- Investor relations contact number: (269) 961-2800
- Investor relations email: [email protected]
Kellogg’s – Financial Results
|Operating data (in $ millions)||2013||2012|
|Gross profit as a % of net sales||41.3%||38.3%|
|Underlying gross profit as a % of net sales||39.0%||40.1%|
|Research and development expense||$199||$206|
|Underlying operating profit||$2,098||$2,014|
|Operating profit as a % of net sales||19.2%||11.0%|
|Underlying operating profit as a % of net sales||14.2%||14.2%|
|Net income attributable to Kellogg Company||$1,807||$961|
|Underlying net income attributable to Kellogg Company||$1,332||$1,265|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Total Kellogg Company equity||$3,545||$2,404|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic net income per share||$4.98||$2.68|
|Diluted net income per share||$4.94||$2.67|
Kellogg’s – Live Stock Market Data