Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. – Company Information
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., is a multinational and financial services company based in Tokyo, Japan.
It is Japan’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest bank holding companies in terms of total assets.
The company was formed in 2005 following a merger of Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group (MTFG) and UFJ Holdings.
The company is currently listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, New York stock exchanges.
Misubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., is active in nearly every aspect of the banking industry, with operations in: personal banking, corporate banking, investment banking, investment management, wealth management, mortgages, and credit cards.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. – Company Overview
- President and CEO: Nobuyuki Hirano
- Chairman: Takamune Okihara
- Industry: Banking, financial services
- Type: Public
- Founded: 2005
- Listed on the New York and Tokyo Stock Exchanges.
- NYSE stock symbol: MTU
- TYO: 8306
- Net income: ¥1,069,124 million (2013)
- Total assets: ¥230,559,276 million (2013)
- Earnings per share: ¥74.30 (2013)
- Company head office: 2-7-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Employees: 80,900 (2013)
- Website: http://www.mufg.jp/
- Company subsidiaries: The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited, UnionBanCal Corporation
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. – Financial Results
|Key figures (in millions of YEN except for share data)||2013||2012|
|Net income (loss) attributable to Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||¥1,069,124||¥416,231|
|Basic earnings (loss) per common share||¥74.30||¥28.17|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per common share||¥74.16||¥28.09|
|Loans, net of allowance for credit losses||¥97,254,242||¥91,012,736|