Self-publishing for a new author can be incredibly intimidating. From book design to editing to distribution and marketing, the self-publishing process is complicated to say the least. Thankfully, there are self-publishing companies that are willing to work with new authors and seasoned authors alike. Gone are the days that authors need to approach publishers through a literary agent. Authors can get in touch with these best self-publishing companies directly.
- MindStir Media has been in business for 12 years and takes care of all the staples for new authors, like book design, editing, distribution and marketing. Revolutionarily, they also provide mentoring and coaching from #1 best-selling author J.J. Hebert, a well-known author featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur and Inc as a business and self-publishing expert. Hebert helps MindStir authors directly, and each author also gets their own project manager and professional publishing team. In 2021, MindStir Media has even teamed up with Shark Tank’s Kevin Harrington to offer unique promotional opportunities for authors and their books. Authors with MindStir keep 100% of their rights and up to 100% royalties.
- Seacoast Press is an award-winning publisher. This publisher is unique in that they have financing options available for authors so that authors can pay for their author services in affordable monthly payments. Impressively, Seacoast Press also helps authors become Amazon best-sellers through its Best Seller publishing package. They give authors 100% royalties to boot. Authors don’t have to give up their exclusive publishing rights or copyright and there’s no need to approach Seacoast Press through a literary agent. Most of Seacoast Press’ clients are with out an agent.
- Palmetto Publishing supplies customizable publishing services. Palmetto is the winner of the 2018 BBB Torch Award, which speaks volumes to the legitimacy of their firm. Furthermore, Palmetto gives its authors a money-back guarantee. They handle book cover design, interior design, publishing, distribution, and marketing. Palmetto is a fairly new company; they’ve been in business for 5 years. They also have limited marketing options, but they are a solid publisher for a new author.
- Blurb is a great option for photo books and for authors who want to print books and mostly sell them on their own. Blurb has a good reputation in the publishing world. They do have the capability to put an author’s book on Amazon and other online retailers but they are mostly known for helping to print books through short print runs. If an author wants to publish a photo book or children’s book, they allow full glossy printing and are a good fit.
- Gatekeepers Press has helped thousands of new and veteran authors. They help with all the essentials such as book design, editorial, publishing, and distribution like all of the above publishers. All of their authors get 100% royalties and they are A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. They give a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The only drawback is that they don’t appear to deliver much in terms of book marketing or publicity services for authors. If an author chooses this company because of their affordable package prices they will likely be on the hook for doing all the marketing and PR for their own book or hiring a separate company or PR firm to help.
Interesting Related Artice: “How to Start an Online Book Store“