Wondering what the global video-sharing platform has in common with its Search Engine counterpart? Well, it is its association with the latter. Google acquired YouTube in November 2006 and since then, both platforms have witnessed tremendous growth. Being one of the world’s most popular video sites, a blast of videos is uploaded every second. This hinders the growth of newbies who have little experience with YouTube. Hence, we created a list of 5 tips that will enable you to sift through each obstacle and emerge as the winner. These 5 techniques will allow you to crack the YouTube algorithm and grow organically for higher profits. Accordingly, you will be able to drive traffic and improve your engagement on Youtube. These 5 effective methods will optimize your YouTube videos for higher Google Search Visibility. These secret hacks will unlock your access to higher engagement, and wider reach on YouTube. Are you ready to catch the sweet spot? Go ahead and get popular on YouTube effortlessly with these 5 ways.
Developing YouTube video
Perhaps, the beginning is what makes all the difference. Well, for a high ranking on SERP, we recommend choosing a trendy and popular topic. On average, it is observed that longer videos have the potential over their shorter counterparts and keep users active.
Here are the factors that matter:
- Keyword Research: One of the best parts about any social media platform is the keywords. These are the components that maximize your reach thereby driving traffic. Look out for similar videos and conduct Keyword Research for SEO. For best results, you must analyze the top 3 videos to uncover what’s the secret behind their engagement. Just decide the optimal length and other factors and produce your video. Getting a wider reach on YouTube will become a cakewalk if you properly follow this tip.
Video title and description
- Video Title
Indeed, these two components go a long way to impress your audience. The ideal length of a YouTube video title is 5 words up to 70 characters. However, simplicity doesn’t work here. Rather, you have to create an eye-catching title that wins the hearts of viewers. Targeted keywords play an important role here and you must ensure that you use them in the right way. An intent modifier is a great way to start.
- Video Description
For the YouTube Video Description, an ideal length of 350-500 characters may suffice with the limit being 5000. To enhance your users’ experience, curate a description for wider reach on YouTube. Needless to say that this will bring more Youtube views.
Optimize Your YouTube Video for Google SERPs
Well, Google ranking is a worthwhile thing. It is a crucial element that will enable you to get popular on YouTube. The optimization factor doesn’t simply relate to titles, tags, descriptions, thumbnails, and captions. It comprises every component of video metadata. You can take advantage of tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, Keywords Everywhere, and vidIQfor accumulating information about search engine ranking.
Factors to ponder while adding timestamps:
- Avoid pinning timestamps in comments
- Follow the chronological order
- Follow the maximum timestamps count of 10
- Ensure each timestamp is added on a new line and label is specified.
Measure Google SERP impact
After publishing your video, you would like to monitor the SERP. SERP video embeds can usually take up to 2-3 weeks. Hence, we advise you to stay patient during this time. The sources of external traffic for your channel are Google SERP, YouTube search, suggested videos, and external traffic sources. Incorporate this method to get popular on YouTube.
To discover the volume of traffic Google SERP contributes, please follow the below steps.
- Open YouTube Studio and click on the Analytics section.
- Visit the reach tab.
- Scroll down to the Traffic Source Types module. Hit See More.
- You will reach the Traffic Source tab where you have to select the External checkbox. You will be able to see external traffic that is directed to your YouTube channel from
- Take advantage of a high watch time to make your videos friendly to the YouTube algorithm. Carefully study your watch time report to understand your engagement.
YouTube Video Promotion
Promotion is an effective method to organically build engagement with your audience. There are various factors about the same. You can add a link to your video in the email signature. Apart from this, you can embed videos in blog posts to integrate your content with YouTube videos. Another useful method is the use of a playlist. This results in a snowball effect to keep users engaged and clicking on your video. Leverage this trick to get popular on YouTube in a short time.
In a nutshell, you can say YouTube is the ideal platform for marketers, businesses, celebrities, and individuals to express their ideas in digital form. What matters at the end of the day is the way you look at your goals. Hence, never be late in unleashing your complete potential. Work on these 5 crucial areas and rule the world of YouTube with your extraordinary and high-quality videos.
Interesting Related Article: “The Best Way to Grow on YouTube in 2021“