Switching between tires with the change of seasons can be tedious, time consuming and an expensive undertaking. So to reduce the hustle, tire companies came up with a tire that drivers could use all the time; all-season tires. You can buy these tires online Canada or from your local authorized dealer.
Most drivers go for all-season tires to avoid changing between winter and summer tires because all-season is made to withstand both climates. However, all-season tires are not a good idea in winter. They are good with warm temperatures but do not have enough traction for challenging cold weather. This makes cars fitted with all-season tires not safe to drive in winter. To avoid accidents, get your winter tires from Tire Planet.
1. Testing All-Season Tires On All Wheel Drive
All-wheel drives have become common, and many drivers claim that they make winter tires online Canada perform better. When a test was done on an AWD car with all-season season tires driving in winter, the claim was that the vehicle’s weight improves all-season tires in winter and gives them better performance, which is false. The weight caused more harm.
2. Test On Ice
A test of all-season tires and winter tires on all-wheel-drive cars was done to show the differences in acceleration, braking, and turning. Winter tires are good on snowy roads and in cold seasons. This is because it has a rigid rubber made for this climate. In addition, its treads are made to withstand water and ice. As a result, it gives better cornering and braking on ice compared to all-season tires.
All-season tires online have a straight and smooth tread made mainly for dry climates. However, due to the tire material and tread pattern, these tires are not the best for winter, and they will not last long in icy climates.
3. All-Season Tires
Although all-season tires online Canada are designed to work throughout the year, even in winter, they are not the best during winter. However, they can survive on not too snowy roads with a little level of acceleration and traction.
Some tire companies use tricks on the all-season tires to make them useful during winter. For example, some increase the flexibility of all-season tires using soybean oil on the tread compound. However, winter tires remain unbeatable in the cold weather.
4. Buying Winter and All-Season Tires
Having a set of winter and all-season tires improves your car’s performance in winter and increase your tire life. This is because the two types of tires are made with compounds to suit their type of climate. As noted earlier using all seasons tires in extreme winter could lead to accelerated wear.
Drivers are hesitant to change between all-season and winter tires because of the expenses incurred. First, winter tires are costly to buy, and they are used for a short time. Then, after the winter season passes, these tires are stored to wait for the next season.
Storage is done in garages and tire storage stores, which you will pay a fee, making it expensive. It is also time-consuming and costly to get an installer after each season to change your car from all-season to winter tires.
5. Tips To Help You Stay Safe on the Roads during the Winter & Summer
- If your area experiences harsh winters, buying winter tires online Canada will be worth it. Failure to, your all-season tires will wear out fast, and you will incur more expenses of replacing them yearly. This is something you can avoid now by replacing them.
- Ensure you are driving on winter or all-season tires on all wheels. Some drivers will replace the rear wheels with winter tires and go on all-season tires on the other wheels, which is dangerous and can cause accidents.
- Change to winter tires online as soon as winter starts, and remember to replace them with all-season tires at the end of the season. If you continue driving on winter tires in winter, their rubber will wear out quickly, and they are expensive to buy.
- When you remove all season tires, make sure you keep them properly as recommended by tire experts. You can store all-season tires in your house. Ensure they are in a cool and dry place and wrap them with a black bag to prevent oxidation. Besides, don’t put any weight on them when storing.
- Even with winter tires, observe the road rules for safety. They have a good grip on snowy roads but ensure you slow down before applying breaks and be aware of traffic changes.