Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a global professional accounting body of UK that offers Chartered Certified Accountant qualifications. ACCA is one of the most popular accountancy organization recognized and has strength of almost 200,000 members and 500,000 students worldwide. It is very much appreciated by its students for its flexible study schedules and syllabus. After completing a set of exams from ACCA course, one can have a flourishing career in accounting and finance in profiles like banking, management, and consulting. ACCA qualified professionals have to register themselves for once and they are good to go.
Entry Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for ACCA at Rachnoutsav College of Commerce & Management, you must be a graduate from secondary school with at least five subject which must include Mathematics and English.
- Qualification certificates and transcripts
- Proof of identification like driving license and/or passport
- One has to clear 14 exams to pass ACCA course some of which can be exempted depending upon your past qualification.
- An ACCA member requires to have at least 36 months relevant experience
- He/she also must study and pass Professional Ethics module.
Importance of ACCA:
Apart from being one of the most popular and prestigious organizations, ACCA also provides following facilities and promising opportunities.
- Careers Job Board of ACCA assists its members in searching worldwide jobs as it has established partnership with above 80 accounting firms and more than 7500 approved employers across the world.
- ACCA gives you the option of part time and full time study flexibility with authorized training centre. This kind of flexibility eases your future planning.
- ACCA members can get additional degrees like B.Sc. in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brooks University and M.Sc. in Professional Accountancy from University of London.
- ACCA provides 24-hour service helpline to answer your queries and to give advice. Members can also access study material from ACCA’s website.
- ACCA members have an access to global network with full of networking opportunities.
Some other important attractions which cannot be ignored are:
- Comprehensive syllabus
- Cost-effective courses
- International standard compliant courses
- Worldwide demand of ACCA members
ACCA member has to clear 14 papers which are divided into four groups and three levels further.
The three knowledge papers that you will have to study are as follows
- AB: Accountant in Business
- MA: Management Accounting
- FA: Financial Accounting
The six papers for skill level are as follows
- CL: Corporate and Business Law
- PM: Performance Management
- TX: Taxation
- FR: Financial Reporting (UK or International)
- AA: Audit & Assurance (UK or International)
- FM: Financial Management
The essentials level consists of three papers as follows
- GR&E: Governance, Risk and Ethics
- CR: Corporate Reporting (UK or International)
- BA: Business Analysis
You have to opt for any two papers from a total of four in the following group, which includes
- AFM: Advanced Financial Management
- APM: Advanced Performance Management
- ATX: Advanced Taxation
- AAA: Advanced Audit & Assurance (UK or International)
Being an ACCA qualified professional gives you a vast career opportunities and a promising global networking resulting higher salary packages.
Interesting related article: “What is an accountant?”