The first thing you need to know about the benefits of sleeping on a pillow is that it’s not just for your head. In fact, there are many reasons why you should sleep well and I will share these in this article. However, if you don’t have a good night’s rest then we can all agree that you’re going to feel better when you do get some shut eye!
So let me start by saying that no matter what kind of pillow you use, whether it’s organic or non-organic, a memory foam pillow or one made from wool, cotton, synthetic fibers or even down feathers; whatever makes you comfortable and has been shown to be effective at helping people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer is the best choice for you, but here are my top five reasons why they work so well.
- Better circulation
- Relieves stress
- Helps relieve headaches & migraines
- Reduces back pain
- Improves overall health
Now, before you go and run out and buy yourself a new pillow, keep reading because I think you’ll find that each benefit alone may help improve your quality of life and make things easier for you too. And remember – while I’m sharing these tips with you, you could always give them a try yourself… After all, it doesn’t hurt does it?
What Is A Good Quality Memory Foam Pillow For Sleepers
First up, let’s discuss what exactly a “memory foam” pillow actually is. It’s essentially a type of cushioning which uses a specific material called polyurethane as its main ingredient. This unique substance helps to trap air around itself, thereby allowing it to mould more comfortably into any shape, including the contours of our bodies. Also this type of pillows are machine washable. But how does something like this affect us during the process of falling asleep? Well, according to research carried out by The British Institute Of Homeopathy, simply put: “Memory foams help to reduce pressure points across the body, relieving tension and reducing muscle aches and pains.” Sounds great right?!
How Does Your Body Feel When You Fall Asleep With An Organically Made Pillow
Next up, check out what else happens to our bodies when we choose to sleep on a high-quality organic pillow. According to Dr. Brian Clemente, author of Scientific Proof That Lying Down Straight Will Help You Live Longer, “When we lie down without support, gravity causes blood flow through veins to decrease by approximately 40 percent, affecting oxygen supply to vital organs such as the brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, muscles, and liver.” If you’ve ever found yourself waking up feeling groggy throughout the day due to lack of proper sleep, then this might explain why!
Dr. Clemente goes on to say that sleeping straight also affects our digestive system as our stomach needs to remain slightly upright in order to prevent food waste from building up inside. He continues: “As the spine aligns itself naturally, the internal organs become more aligned with gravity, thus promoting digestion. Allowing the spine to collapse reduces abdominal pressures, improving digestion yet again.” In other words, lying flat means less time spent digesting food. Not only does this mean that we’re spending less time processing nutrients than normal, but it also means there isn’t enough energy left over for anything else. Plus, sleeping flat also allows us to breathe more easily too!
So now that we know just how much impact an organic pillow can have on our bodies when we lay down – and how important it really is – next comes the question of where to look for a quality natural product. Thankfully, thanks to the internet, finding an affordable organic pillow shouldn’t pose too many problems anymore. After all, who wouldn’t love not having to spend hundreds of dollars every year on a bedding set when you can instead invest in a few essentials that last far longer?
Here Are Some Tips To Consider Before Buying An Organic Bed Set:
- Go for comfort first – While you should never compromise personal hygiene, you needn’t worry too much about buying expensive products that aren’t quite comfortable either. For example, if your current mattress or pillows are causing back pain, headaches, neck stiffness or any other discomfort, consider investing in some new ones before jumping into bed. Same things must be taken care of while choosing comforters. Comforters are two pieces of fabric sewn together which provides comfort and warmth while sleeping. Remember, one bad night’s sleep will definitely cause you to wake up feeling worse than usual the following morning. So make sure whatever you buy fits comfortably well for prolonged use.
- Check online reviews – This may sound obvious, but don’t be afraid to do a quick Google search to find customer feedback on brands you’re interested in purchasing. Chances are they’ll offer honest opinions based on real experiences that could save you money in the long run. Also, think twice about visiting stores with no reviews at all; these companies probably haven’t been around very long so chances are they won’t have had the chance to build trust with customers yet. Instead, opt for places that already boast positive ratings which give them credibility.
- Shop locally – Local shops tend to carry smaller selections compared to big box retailers, meaning prices often drop considerably while still offering top notch service. By shopping locally, you’re supporting small businesses and helping keep communities thriving rather than relying solely on large corporations who might be located halfway across the globe. However, always remember to compare pricing between different locations because sometimes bigger chains sell items cheaper than independent boutiques nearby.
- Do your homework – Research has shown that people who take pride in their purchases usually end up enjoying their purchase even more. In fact, this is true whether you’re looking to splurge on something extravagant like furniture, electronics or clothing, or simply want to get value out of what you pay for. Investing time researching options gives you the opportunity to learn more about each brand and helps ensure you choose wisely. You might even start saving money by learning about discounts offered through certain websites as opposed to waiting until later to shop retail outlets.
- Don’t forget about eco-friendly alternatives – There are plenty of reasons why choosing sustainable living practices is essential today. From protecting mother earth from pollution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, going green doesn’t come cheap. But there are ways to reduce costs without compromising style. The most common method involves using recycled materials such as bamboo or cotton made from renewable resources. These types of fabrics cost less per unit and therefore require fewer raw materials overall, leading to lower production costs and ultimately better deals for consumers. Another option includes opting for textiles produced organically, including those manufactured via fair trade programs. When possible, avoid synthetic chemicals whenever possible as well – another way to go greener.
When you choose an organic pillow for your bed, you are choosing an eco-friendly product that is good for the earth, your health, and your pocketbook. There are many benefits to going “green” when it comes to products and furnishings that you choose for your home, office, and outdoor areas. You will find many organic mattresses and organic pillows available in retail stores. If you are looking for a more affordable product, try visiting the website of a mattress company that supports green practices. Many companies offer discounts on both products and shipping for customers who are also concerned about our environment. In addition, these companies often give discounts to customers who are also purchasing certain amounts of organic products.
Interesting Related Article: “Essential tips to overcome sleep deprivation“