BetterInvesting has evolved into a key resource for investment education. Catering to both beginners and seasoned investors, it offers a blend of valuable information, education, and support. This platform is all about helping people become successful investors for life, providing a community-focused environment through investment clubs and individual memberships.
It’s a place where anyone interested in investing can find the tools and guidance they need to make informed decisions and grow as an investor. Continue reading this BetterInvesting review to see if they are the right fit for you.
What is BetterInvesting?
BetterInvesting started back in 1951 as the National Association of Investors Corp. in Detroit, far from the hustle of Wall Street. It’s all about helping regular folks understand investing and guiding them to become successful long-term investors.
This nonprofit brings together investment clubs and individual investors from all over America. The idea was simple yet powerful: invest small amounts regularly, stick to solid investing principles, and help others build a strong financial future. That’s the spirit behind BetterInvesting.
Here are the most important offering of BetterInvesting:
- Stock Selection Guide: An intuitive tool for thorough stock analysis, utilizing Morningstar Equity Data.
- Educational Resources: Includes webinars, workshops, and a learning library with over 100 recorded webinars.
- BetterInvesting Magazine: Delivers key investment insights and education in both print and digital formats.
- Community Support: Offers local chapters for learning and investment discussions.
- Online Classes and Video Learning Library: Covers a wide range of investing topics, archived for easy access.
- Stock Selection Programs: Features programs like “Intro to Stock Selection Guide” and “Adding Judgment to the Stock Selection Guide”.
- Online Stock Tools Suite: Includes tools like the Screener and Ticker Heat Map for fundamental stock analysis.
- Mobile App Availability: Accessible on Android, Apple, and Amazon devices for on-the-go investment learning and analysis.
Here is my breakdown of the two membership options available through BetterInvesting:
- Individual Core Membership ($120/year):
- Limited access to over 80 educational videos.
- Archived webinars like the Intro to the Stock Selection Guide Series.
- Use of online stock selection and analysis tools, including CoreSSG.
- Access to the Online Stock Comparison Guide, CoreSCG.
- First 30 days free for annual memberships.
- Individual Plus Membership ($145/year):
- Full access to over 100 educational videos.
- Advanced series like “Buy the Best Series” and “Special Programs”.
- Unlimited use of online tools, including SSGPlus with more reports and stock screening options.
- Access to Ticker Heat Map and enhanced SSG Graph features.
- Includes all Core membership benefits.
Both memberships offer tools powered by Morningstar data, 24/7 access, and BetterInvesting Magazine. There’s also a 30-day free trial available.
BetterInvesting has been helping investors reach their goals for over 70 years. They are reasonably priced and offer a great value proposition for many types of investors. New investors will appreciate BetterInvesting’s educational resources and straightforward tools, ideal for starting in the stock market.
Those focusing on long-term growth investments will find the organization’s methods and focus aligning with their goals. Also, investment clubs benefit from BetterInvesting’s conducive environment for group learning and collective investment decision-making.
If you do not fall into one of these categories or think BetterInvesting might not be right for you, rest assured that there are other quality investment education platforms out there. Here are 2 of the top investment research companies:
- Seeking Alpha: Founded in 2004, Seeking Alpha has grown into a major financial research platform, known for its unique crowdsourcing approach. With a user base of 20 million per month, it’s a popular destination for both beginner and seasoned investors. The platform offers a mix of free and premium content, including real-time news, diverse market analysis, and stock evaluations. Key features like the proprietary “Quant” rating system add to its appeal. While free access covers basic needs, the premium service at $239/year provides deeper insights and tools for serious investors.
- Simply Wall St: Simply Wall St, started in 2014 by Al Bentley in Sydney, has grown into a formidable financial tech service. It’s known for making complex financial data easy to understand, helping individual investors make better decisions. The platform stands out with its detailed stock analysis, offering insights into a company’s financial health, growth prospects, and a unique ‘snowflake’ analysis. With a user-friendly interface and visually appealing reports, it offers both free and premium plans tailored for comprehensive stock analysis.
BetterInvesting, with its rich history since 1951, offers a comprehensive range of resources for both new and experienced investors. Its blend of educational materials, stock analysis tools, and community support makes it an excellent platform for learning and growth in the investment world.
With options like the Stock Selection Guide, online classes, and a useful mobile app, it caters to various learning styles and investment strategies. Considering the value it provides through its Core and Plus memberships, BetterInvesting stands as a strong option for anyone looking to enhance their investing skills.
For a more in-depth look and to decide if it’s the right fit for you, Click Here to continue reading about BetterInvesting.