Cerner Corporation is an American multinational health care company based in Kansas City, Missouri.
The company offers a range of products, including information software, medical device integration, and remote hosting and employer health services.
Its products are predominately used by single-doctor practices, hospitals, and individual consumers. Cerner solutions are licensed by approximately 10,000 facilities worldwide.
It was founded in 1979 by Neal Patterson, Paul Gorup, and Cliff Illig, originally under the name PGI & Associates. Five years later it was renamed Cerner and in 1986 it was established as a Delaware corporation.
The company’s mission is “to contribute to the systemic improvement of health care delivery and the health of communities.”
It is publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the stock ticker symbol ‘CERN’.
- Chairman and CEO: Neal Patterson
- President: Zane Burke
- Type: Public
- Industry: Health Care Technology
- Listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange
- NASDAQ stock ticker symbol: CERN
- S&P 500 Component
- Revenue: $2.910 billion USD (2013)
- Net earnings: $398 million USD (2013)
- Diluted earnings per share: $1.13 USD (2013)
- Employees: 14,200
- Company head office: 2800 Rockcreek Parkway, North Kansas City, MO 64117, USA
- Corporate contact number: +1-816-221-1024
- Investor relations contact: Allan Kells, 816-201-2445, [email protected]
- Website: http://www.cerner.com/
|Income data (in $ thousands)||2013||2012|
|Support, maintenance and services revenue||$1,992,830||$1,707,329|
|Reimbursed travel revenue||$70,109||$55,308|
|Total costs and expenses||$2,334,736||$2,093,774|
|Other income, net||$12,042||$16,046|
|Earnings before income taxes||$588,054||$587,708|
|Balance sheet data (in $ thousands)|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$3,167,664||$2,833,650|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Earnings (loss) per Common Share – Basic||$1.16||$1.16|
|Earnings (loss) per Common Share – Diluted||$1.13||$1.13|
Source: “2013 Annual Report Form 10-K”