China Construction Bank Corporation, abbreviated CCB, is one of the world’s largest banks in terms of market capitalization. It is based in Beijing, China.
The bank operates more than 13,600 branches in China, in addition to operating overseas branches in other parts of Asia, Europe, and North America.
The CCB was created in 1954 as a wholly state-owned entity under the name of People’s Construction Bank of China. Its original purpose was to “administer and disburse government funds for construction and infrastructure related projects under the state economic plan.”
The CCB didn’t become a full service commercial bank until 1994 and in 1996 it changed its name to China Construction Bank.
In 2004 the China Construction Bank Corporation was created as a joint-stock commercial bank and a year later, in 2005, it went public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange – now it also lists shares on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The company is active in all aspects of banking, including: consumer banking, corporate banking, investment banking, finance and insurance, mortgages, credit cards, private equity, investment management, and global wealth management.
The China Construction Bank Corporation has strong banking relationships with many of the largest business groups and leading companies with operations in China.
China Construction Bank Corporation – Company Overview
- President: Zhang Jianguo
- Chairman and Executive Director: Wang Hongzhang
- Industry: Banking, financial services
- Type: Public
- Listed on the Hong Kong and Shanghai Stock Exchanges.
- SEHK stock symbol: 0939
- SSE stock symbol: 601939
- Net profit: 193,602 million RMB (2013)
- Earnings (loss) per share: 0.77 RMB (2013)
- Headquarters: No. 25, Finance Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
- Employees: 330,000 (approximately)
- Website: http://www.ccb.com/
- Citigroup Inc., subsidiaries: CCB Principal Asset Management, CCB Financial Leasing, CCB Trust, CCB Life, Sino-German Bausparkasse, CCB Asia, CCB London, CCB Russia, CCB Dubai and CCB International
China Construction Bank Corporation – Financial Results
|Expressed in millions of RMB unless otherwise stated)||2012||2011|
|Profit before tax||251,439||219,107|
|Net profit attributable to shareholders of the Bank||193,179||169,258|
|As at 31 December|
|Total equity attributable to shareholders of the Bank||941,732||811,141|
|Issued and paid-in capital||250,011||250,011|
|Per share (in RMB)|
|Basic and diluted earnings per share||0.77||0.68|
|Final cash dividend proposed after the balance sheet date||0.268||0.2365|
|Net assets per share||3.80||>3.27|