Get your Android files lost accidentally? Horrible, I know, especially when you don’t have any backups available. That’s why I have searched and tried almost every available and trustworthy Android data recovery software online, hoping to find out the best data recovery software for Android and get files back.
The hard work paid off, finally. I’ve got my lost contacts, photos, and other files back from my Android phone. I’m so relieved.
By the way, I’ve listed the top 7 best data recovery for Android in 2020 that I could find, which I believe are the worthwhile options. Here is a summary, and hope it helps you out.
Recuva specializes in data recovery from memory cards, external hard drives, and other flash disks on Windows. However, this tool can’t help to recover data from Android ROM, unlike the previous software. So the contacts, messages, call history, and other files from Android internal memory won’t be recovered by this tool.
Anyway, if you are sure that your deleted data is stored in your Android SD card, you could try to use it. It works no matter your SD card or driver is formatted or not.
- Recover deleted data from internal and external memory cards, hard disk drives, USB flash drives, etc.
- Support to recover pictures, music, emails, documents, and so on.
- 2 scanning modes available: Quick scan & Deep scan.
- A quick-start guide offered for help.
- Erase unwanted files forever.
- Not easy enough to use for a beginner.
- Slow scans to dig out deleted data.
- No backup function available.
2. MobiKin Doctor for Android
MobiKin Doctor for Android is the professional Android data recovery software, trusted by a great number of people. Importantly, this software recovers lost Android data with higher data quality and a higher data recovery rate, which is my favorite point.
By the way, it can not only recover the deleted Android files but also back up all the Android files, such as the contacts, SMS, photos, documents, etc.
- Recover deleted files with high data quality and high data recovery rate.
- Recover deleted data from Android internal memory, SD card, and SIM card.
- Back up files from Android phone to computer to prevent data loss again.
- Support contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music, audios, documents, call history, etc.
- Preview and select whichever Android files in detail before recovery or backup.
- 2 scanning modes available: Quick scan & Deep scan.
- Compatible with most Android phones and tablets.
- Easy to control with a simple user interface.
- Professional technical support.
- The root is required for data recovery from Android internal storage.
- A wireless connection is not available.
3. MyJad Android Data Recovery
MyJad Android Data Recovery is suitable for beginners. It is designed with a simple user interface and a clear step-by-step guide. Also, it can recover 6 types of data at least. Besides, it works perfectly with many Android devices as it suggested, like Samsung, HTC, LG, and more. Don’t you worry about that.
- Preview the deleted data in detail before recovery.
- Support to back up data from Android phone to the computer.
- Deleted files can be saved as readable formats.
- Data read-only without privacy leakage
- No Mac version.
- A little complicated while rooting.
- Sometimes fail to detect the handset.
4. Disk Drill Data Recovery Software
The Disk Drill Data Recovery Software is effective in recovering deleted office documents, messages, and media files. Not only can it work for Android internal memory, but also external hard drives, cameras, Kindles, etc.
Besides, files can be recovered without hassles, even though your hard drive is infectious by the malware or virus. If needed, you can preview the tutorial before using it.
- Support to recover data from multiple file systems.
- Offer the additional protection for the user’s personal info.
- Restore-all features available to retrieve all Android files.
- Not easy to use enough.
- File’s original names won’t remain after recovery.
- Limited free data recovery amount.
5. DiskDigger for Android
DiskDigger for Android has two versions, i.e. the photo recovery version and the pro file recovery version. The photo recovery version is helpful to undelete lost photos, while the pro version can help to get other deleted files back. Anyway, you can find them from Google Play.
- Support to recover data in multiple file formats, like MP4, WAV, APK, PPT, DOC, etc.
- Free to upload the recovered files to Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Store recovered files onto different local folders on the Android device.
- Clean up useless data permanently.
- Root required to scan more deleted files.
- Only JPG and PNG formats are supported for the free version.
Dumpster is like a recycle bin for Android files, which might be helpful to keep your deleted files for a short time. However, the thing is, it doesn’t work for the deleted files until you install it on your Android phone. This may not be a good choice for most people.
- Good for precautionary data loss.
- Support to back up your Android data automatically.
- Support to recover multimedia data on the Android device.
- Restore deleted data on Android at any time without root.
- A lock screen can be established.
- Attractive design.
- No backup, no restoration.
- The recovery won’t take effect until you install the app on your phone.
- Making backups take up much storage space on the Android device.
7. Photo Recovery 2020
With no root required, this Photo Recovery 2020 is updated to retrieve more types of images and files on Android phones. And it is proven that the quality of data recovery is acceptable and appreciated, even though it might be slightly different from device to device.
If you would like to recover deleted photos from Android phones only, this tool might be helpful for you.
- Various formats are supported when recovering Android photos.
- Photos recovery from the gallery of Android internal memory and SD card.
- Pictures of WhatsApp can be recovered as well.
- Modern and easy user interface.
- Only photos can be recovered.
- Limited deleted data can be found.
- The device lower than Android 5.0 is unsupported.
So, that’s all the best data recovery software for Android I could find. Do they have any little help for you? Hope it does. Now, don’t you worry about the data lost from your Android phone. Just get up, and get one of the best Android data recovery software to help yourself. Good luck!
You may be interested in: “Loss of Data? Get the Best Data Recovery Solutions for 2020!”