Beverly Hills is an iconic neighborhood in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, known for its luxurious homes and celebrity residents. The Beverly Hills housing market is one of the most desirable and expensive in the world, with glamorous mansions tucked away behind towering gates and lush foliage.
From classic Mediterranean-style villas to stunning modern designs, Beverly Hills Houses offers a range of architectural styles to suit any taste. Whether you’re looking for a place to call home or just want to get a glimpse of what life is like in this exclusive city, Beverly Hills houses are worth exploring.
History of Beverly Hills
The city of Beverly Hills, California is one of the most iconic cities in the United States. It’s known for its luxurious homes, celebrity residents, and opulent shopping districts. But what many people don’t know is that Beverly Hills has a rich history that goes back over 100 years.
The area was originally inhabited by Native Americans who hunted and fished in the surrounding hillsides. In 1867, a Scottish immigrant named David Fitzgerald bought Rancho Rodeo de las Aguas from Henry Hammel and Andrew Hildreth and renamed it “Beverly Hills” after his hometown of Beverly Farms in Massachusetts. By 1900, the area was being developed by wealthy entrepreneurs such as Max Whittier who built large mansions along Sunset Boulevard.
In 1906, the city was officially incorporated as an independent municipality with an elected mayor and council members. At this time it only encompassed about 5 square miles but saw tremendous growth throughout the early 20th century with new businesses opening up along Wilshire Boulevard including theaters like Grauman’s Chinese Theatre which opened in 1927—becoming one of Hollywood’s first movie palaces—and department stores such as Bullock’s Wilshire (which opened in 1929).
Types of Houses in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is one of the most affluent cities in the world and home to some of Hollywood’s elite. It is known for its lavish lifestyle, luxurious homes, and stunning scenery. But what types of houses are found in Beverly Hills? Let’s take a closer look at some of the different types of houses that can be found in this exclusive city.
- Villas: These luxurious homes are often situated on expansive lots with lush landscaping and beautiful views. Villas come with amenities such as private pools, spas, kitchens, and other features that make them truly unique. The cost to purchase a villa in Beverly Hills will vary depending on size and location but will typically start at several million dollars.
- Mansions: These large estates are usually multi-story homes with grand staircases leading up to their entrance ways. Mansions typically have multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, sprawling outdoor gardens or pools, and many other extravagant features that make them stand out from other properties in Beverly Hills. They can range from several million dollars all the way up into tens-of-millions depending on their size and location within the city limits.
Architecture and Design Elements of the Homes
Architecture and design elements are essential features of a home. From the exterior to the interior, they can make or break a house’s overall appearance and value. Choosing the right architecture and design elements to feature in a home is an important decision that can have long-term effects on both its aesthetic appeal and its resale value.
The exterior of a home is often the first thing visitors notice, so it’s important for homeowners to choose architectural elements that reflect their personal tastes and compliment the surrounding landscape. This might include brick siding, stone accents, or intricate window designs. Additionally, many modern homes are incorporating green technologies such as solar panels into their exteriors for energy efficiency as well as aesthetic value.
The interior of a home should also be designed with care in order to create an inviting atmosphere for guests or potential buyers down the line. Things like hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting fixtures and built-in storage units all add character and charm while increasing functionality at the same time.
When designing any part of a house – whether it’s inside or out – homeowners should keep in mind how it will look years down the line before making any permanent decisions about materials or design.
Features and Amenities
When it comes to choosing a new home or apartment, features and amenities are an important consideration. From the size of the unit to the type of appliances and fixtures, these amenities can make or break your decision. Here is a guide to some of the most popular features and amenities that you should consider when looking for a new place to live:
- Size: One of the most important factors when considering an apartment or house is size. Not only does size determine how many people can fit in comfortably but it also affects how much rent you will pay. Consider both your current needs as well as future needs such as if you plan on having roommates down the line.
- Appliances: Appliances play an important role in making sure your home runs smoothly day-to-day. Look for units that come with standard appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators, ovens, washers/dryers and air conditioning units (if needed). These features can add convenience and value to any unit at no additional cost if they come included with your rental agreement.
- Fixtures: Fixtures like faucets, door knobs and light switches may not seem like major considerations when renting an apartment but they actually have an impact on both convenience and appearance.
Cost of Living in Beverly Hills
If you’ve ever dreamed of living in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the United States, then Beverly Hills is sure to be at the top of your list. Home to some of Hollywood’s brightest stars and luxury shopping, Beverly Hills has long been a place that many aspire to live in. But with this level of exclusivity comes a hefty price tag – what can one expect when it comes to the cost of living in Beverly Hills?
The most obvious factor for anyone considering moving here is real estate prices. The median home value for Beverly Hills is around $2 million dollars and rent prices are even more staggering – sometimes reaching as high as $8,000 per month. Obviously these prices are out-of-reach for many people but there are still some more affordable options available for those who have their sights set on this luxurious neighborhood.
Although it may not be as common, there are also apartments and condos available at much lower costs than single family homes or luxury rentals – often ranging anywhere from $1,500-$3,000 per month depending on location and size. Of course these still aren’t cheap but they may be better suited for those looking to make a move into Beverly Hills without breaking the bank completely.
Beverly Hills houses are some of the most luxurious and sought-after homes in the world. They offer a unique combination of luxury and convenience, as well as access to some of the best schools, shopping, dining and entertainment options in the country. These homes come with a hefty price tag but they are worth it for those who can afford them.
You may be interested in: 6 Most Popular Villa Communities in Dubai