If there’s a place that is both fun and inspiring for family vacations, it has to be the beach. Kids can hunt for treasures as adults soak up the sun. You can also take a swim as a family, play ball games or go for a jog. And during sunset, you can take some breathtaking family pictures.
What’s more, the beach is the perfect camping ground for the family. It’s peaceful at night, and you can enjoy its surroundings all day.
But are good times always guaranteed on the beach? Of course not. You have to create your own good family time, and one way to do it is to have the right beach vacation essentials. One of which is an Outwell Parkdale tent if you’re thinking about spending a night there.
Here is a list of family beach vacation must-haves:
Safety Beach Vacation Must-Haves
It makes sense to put your family’s safety before everything else. Here are the items that should make your safety essentials list:
- Sunscreen – It’s essential for protecting your skin against sunburns. You should ensure it is UPF50+ rated to receive maximum ultraviolet protection.
- First Aid Kit – It carries all essentials for administering emergency medical aids. You’ll find an anti-stain ointment, antiseptics, pain reliever, among many other essentials.
- Life jackets – They keep everyone safe in the waters when the sea waves are more robust. You should ensure they are NTSB-certified to guarantee water safety.
- UPF50+ rated sunshade – You need to protect your family from the sun. So, go for an easy-to-setup beach canopy or beach tent.
- Sunglasses – They protect your eyes against the fiery sun. They should also be UPF50+ rated.
- Hand sanitizers – Are crucial for fighting contaminants on the beach, especially for the kids.
Comfort Beach Vacation Must-Haves
Now that you are safe to go to the beach, the next thing is to ensure you’ll be comfortable.
Remember, carrying things around can be exhausting. So, you need something that you can pull, and this is where I recommend beach carts for sand. You can throw all your supplies on a beach cart, plus your kid. This is quite useful when looking for things to do with kids in bakersfield.
Once you have your beach cart, consider adding the following essentials to your comfort checklist:
- Sand-proof blanket/mat where you can sit sand-free
- Comfortable beach chairs for everyone
- Beach towels for everyone
- Cover-ups to keep you extra warm, especially at night
Beach Wear and Swim Wear Must-Haves
You need to pick the right beach clothes and shoes for each person before heading for the vacation. Here are the things to include for everyone except the baby.
- At least two bottoms (shorts or skirts)
- At least five tops or shirts
- A light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt
- Two pajamas
- Undies for each day
- Bras for each day (for the ladies)
- Two sun huts
- At least two pairs of beach shoes
- Dinner outfits
- Running or workout clothes
- Socks and sneakers (running shoes)
- Beach sandals
You also need to pack some swimwear tops, bottoms and swimming trunks. Include at least two sets for everyone.
Baby Beach Vacation Must-Haves
I have decided to discuss the baby beach essentials separately to give them the weight they deserve. Here are the must-haves in your baby’s beach essential checklist:
- Baby-safe sunscreen – You can consult from your baby’s pediatrician.
- Swim diapers – You can buy reusable ones to allow your baby to swim with the rest of the family.
- Water shoes – Protects the little one’s feet from sand irritation.
- Paracetamol syrup – Comes to the baby’s rescue in case its temperature rises.
- Diaper cream – Protects your baby from diaper rash.
- Baby-safe portable fan or AC – Makes it comfortable for the baby to sleep.
Foods and Drinks
If you are camping at a hotel or resort beach, you can jump the step. And still, you can always buy food and drinks once you get to your family beach vacation destination.
So, having a good cooler bag is a great idea. You can stock it with your favorite food and beverages, as well as snacks.
Fun Beach Vacation Must-Haves
It’s not just enough to be safe and comfortable on the beach. You also deserve to have some fun as a family, and that’s why these essentials are a must-have:
- Sand toys for your kids to play with
- Beach balls – Could be tennis balls, football, basketball, or just any other ball.
- Portable Bluetooth speaker – Pairs wirelessly with your phone or tablet to let you listen and dance to your favorite family songs.
- Treasure box – Keeps everyone in the family engaged in some outdoor exploration.
- Books and magazines
- Video games
- Playing cards
- Board games
- Deck of cards
Toiletries and Medicine
The worst thing you can do is depend on the hotel’s toiletries. Yeah, sure, most hotels offer you soap, toothpaste, and tissue, but that is just about it.
You have to come with the other essentials or at least order them once you get to the hotel. And even the toiletries that they offer may not be what you are used to.
So, why not bring your toiletries? Here are the must-haves in your luggage before stepping into a beach resort or hotel:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Body lotion
- Hair cream/gel
- Shower cap
- Feminine products
- Air freshener
- Makeup kit
- Anti-bug spray and mosquito repellant
Also, do not forget medicines for everyone. You should pack some pain relievers and motion sickness over-the-counter tablets like aspirin.
Remember also to include meds for anyone in the family who is on a prescription.
Other Beach Vacation Must-Haves
You should also remember to pack the following:
- Travel essentials like your driving license, credit/debit card, health insurance card, hotel booking confirmation, and some cash.
- Electronics – That includes your phones, camera, portable chargers, power bank, and a flashlight.
- Beach bags – Have at least a suitcase, a small bag for your travel documents, and a dry bag for wet clothes.
- Water bottles for everyone
- Waterproof cases for your mobile devices
- Picnic utensils
- Garbage bags
You wanted an essential items checklist, and now you’ve got one. Use it to pack everything that you need for those much-awaited Grand Canyon rafting trips, family beach vacation or weekend getaways.
Ultimately, your selection depends on your family’s needs and preferences.
Interesting Related Article: “Think Before Signing: 5 Super Important Timeshare Pros and Cons“