FedEx Corporation is an American multinational courier delivery services company, based in Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
The company has a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services which are operated independently and managed collaboratively, under the FedEx brand.
These companies are included in four business segments:
FedEx Express – an express transportation company, providing delivery services to approximately 220 countries and territories. This segment also includes segment also includes FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. (provides international trade services), and FedEx SupplyChain Systems, Inc. (offers supply chain solutions).
FedEx Ground – this segment focuses on small-package ground delivery services in the United States and Canada.
FedEx Freight – provides less-than-truckload (“LTL”) freight services across all lengths of haul.
FedEx Services – offers sales, marketing, information technology, communications and back-office support.
The company was incorporated in the state of Delaware on October 2, 1997 and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- Chairman, President and CEO: Frederick W. Smith
- Type: Public
- Industry: Courier/Transportation Services
- Publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock ticker symbol: FDX
- S&P 500 Component
- Revenue: $44.287 billion USD (2013)
- Net income: $1.561 billion USD (2013)
- Diluted earnings per share: $4.91 USD (2013)
- Founded: 1997
- Employees: 300,000 (approximately)
- Corporate headquarters: 942 South Shady Grove Road, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Corporate contact number: (901) 818-7500
- Investor relations contact number: (901) 818-7200
- Investor relations email address: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.fedex.com/us/
|Operating data (in $ millions)||2013||2012|
|Income before income taxes||$2,455||$3,141|
|Provision for income taxes||$894||$1,109|
|Comprehensive income (loss)||$2,694||$(371)|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$17,398||$14,727|
|Cash flow data (in $ millions)|
|Net cash provided by operating activities||$4,688||$4,835|
|Net cash used in investing activities||$(3,803)||$(4,049)|
|Cash provided by (used in) financing activities||$1,184||$(244)|
|Cash and cash equivalents at end of period||$4,917||$2,843|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic earnings (loss) per common share||$4.95||$6.44|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per common share||$4.91||$6.41|
Source: “FedEx Corporation 2013 FORM 10-K Annual Report”
June 18, 2014: FedEx fourth quarter profit increased. Revenue increased by 3.5% to $11.84 billion and the company reported earnings of $2.46 per diluted share, a big increase compared to last year’s quarter earnings of $2.13 per diluted share. The increase is primarily thanks to online shopping raising ground-shipping business.