People all around the world are fond of eating rice. It is one of those crops harvested every year without a doubt that people will consume it. Rice is a perfect ingredient from which multiple dishes can be made. Many varieties of rice are produced all over the world. These varieties are produced to prepare different dishes. The demand for rice is increasing daily as the world’s population is also increasing.
Demand for rice:
- Low-income countries have shown more interest in rice production because the people living in these countries consume rice more often than those living in other countries.
- Rice has become a staple in every dish. Without a dish of rice on the dining table, everything feels incomplete.
- The increased demand for rice has led farmers to focus on rice cultivation by using better fertilizers, keeping plants free from weeds and pesticides, and watering the crop regularly.
Boost rice yield:
In the wake of the increasing demand for rice, farmers have paid attention to improve rice seed germination. Here are some steps that can be followed to increase the yield of rice.
- Condition around the crop: The place where the crop grows is a significant factor in preparing a crop. Rice is usually grown in countries that are 2500 meters above sea level. The main reason is that rice is a tropical plant that needs adequate weather conditions to survive. Places with enough heat and moisture produce the best kind of rice. This means that, on average, the area in which the rice plant has to be plated should be 24 degrees C.
- Soil: The soil in which the rice is cultivated is as essential as the temperature. Almost all types of soil are efficient in producing rice, but there has to be one factor the area has a lot of humidity. The main types of soil commonly known for rice cultivation are black soil, red soil, and medium to shallow black soil. Organic matter in the soil is also essential to produce a good crop.
- Fertilizer: Potentially high in potassium are considered the best for rice cultivation. Irrigated rice fields need K fertilizer as a necessity. Healthy crops are achieved in response to the potassium fertilizer.
- Transplantation: There are many places with abundant rainfall and fertile soil. The method of transplantation is applied to those areas keeping in mind that a lot of labor is required for this purpose. The first step is throwing the seeds into the nursery and letting them convert into seedlings. After these are prepared, the plant is uprooted and placed inside a field already prepared for the plant. One main focus of this process is that everything is done by hand, so there is a lot of manual input needed while doing this process.
Many other steps can be followed to increase the yield of rice. Farmers follow these steps to ensure that they can produce the best crop and provide enough to feed many people.
Interesting Related Article: “How Software Solutions Help the Agriculture Industry“