Trying to lose weight can be a long, drawn, frustrating process. We recommend trying a meditation app for weight loss, one that can help you redefine your life and achieve your goals.
When it comes to losing weight, your thoughts may instantly wander towards diet and heavy-duty exercise routines. However, studies have shown that mindfulness might be an excellent alternative to help manage cravings, promote sound eating, improve self-esteem, and build sustainable healthy routines. Does it make sense?
Weight loss through meditation:
In a recent poll by a research firm, 38% of adults admitted to overeating caused by stress which is no small number. If this is something you relate to, fret no; you are not alone. There is a strong mind-body connection, which is something we all need to accept and understand. The good news is that there are ways to overcome this behavior, and one of the most potent methods is meditation.
In this article, we share a simple guide to losing weight using meditation as the primary tool. First, let us understand the different kinds of eating patterns:
- Emotional or Stress eating – When we are experiencing powerful emotions, these emotions can sometimes overpower our bodily feelings of fullness and satiation, leading to overeating. Food is employed as a coping tool in these situations, temporarily dulling intense emotions.
- Mindful eating – A technique used to renew your relationship with food and eating behavior is mindful eating. It encourages you to be present and use all the senses to experience the food – the tastes, smells, textures, flavors, and, most importantly, how it makes you feel. Mindful eating can lead to weight loss, but it should not be the sole objective of following this technique. Black Lotus meditation app has been created with behavioral science as the foundation and helps users be more mindful, thereby achieving their ultimate goals. It is also the only app to track the user’s transformation journey.
- Intuitive eating – Eating when you are hungry, reaching for food that you know is good for your body is what intuitive eating is all about [does include an element of mindful eating].
- Critical Benefits of Meditation:
We all know meditation can help us with stress, sleep, focus, and various other issues. Still, not many know that it can also impact our eating habits, relationship with food, and weight management. Meditation can help manage stress, and with apps like Black Lotus, stress levels are known to have been lowered within ten days of using the app.
- Sustainable weight loss –
While diet and exercise can help you lose weight, meditation is a sustainable long-term solution as it helps you switch to a healthier lifestyle, which includes healthy eating habits. You eat only when hungry and only till your stomach feels full since you are mindful.
- No guilt or shame –
Recognizing your feelings and acknowledging the emotions is an excellent way to stop emotional or stress eating. Once you become aware of your thoughts and feelings, you stop feeling stressed out or guilty [about your eating habits]. You then forgive yourself, become kinder and compassionate towards yourself and others, which in turn is reflected in your eating patterns. and
- Lower stress levels –
Meditation lowers C-reactive protein and cortisol levels in our body, which is good for our overall health and assists in weight loss. High C-reactive protein levels indicate inflammation, which is linked to various disorders, including obesity, while Cortisol is linked to fat storage in the abdomen (belly fat).
Getting started with meditation:
- Identify a quiet and peaceful space in your home. Make sure it is available to you for at least 10-15mins daily.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and keep a bottle of water with you.
- Turn off mobile notifications for the duration of meditation.
- Sit in a comfortable position on a mat or practice walking meditation.
- With your eyes closed or open, take a deep breath and hold it in for a few minutes.
- Relax your muscles, starting with your head, neck, shoulders to your toes to release tension.
- Focus your attention on an object or place, or you can visualize something with your eyes closed.
- Observe your breath as you inhale and exhale for a set period
- If your mind wanders, it is fine; slowly bring it back to the present, and over time you will see it stops walking.
- When wrapping up the session, sit for a few extra seconds and reflect on the thoughts in your mind. Bring your attention back to your breath and end the session.
- Make sure to practice at the same time daily for at least 21days to see results.
This piece will explain how one can use meditation as the driving tool for weight loss and transform their lives. All we are talking about is making minor changes to your lifestyle, slowing down, taking a few deep breaths, paying attention to your emotions, and recognizing actual signs of hunger. All of these techniques urge people to be present when eating. Suppose you are using guided meditation apps like Black Lotus that are beginner-friendly and include simple 10-minute meditation sessions along with fun mindfulness activities. In that case, you will find it easy to create a routine and make a difference in your life.
Interesting Related Article: “Meditation: One Thing to Start Doing Today to Keep Your Mind Healthy“