You might be wondering if hiring a professional web design agency is a smart idea. Will it cost your business a lot of money? How much should you set aside if you want a professional web design that will help you achieve your marketing goals?
How Much Should a Web Designer Charge?
Before we get to how much it will really cost you to get a web designer to design a compelling website for your business, let’s get into the details of what is involved in web design. This will help you understand the worth of the skill and knowledge needed to achieve a web design that will be a solution to your needs.
The first thing to know is that there are three ways to build a website, which are:
- Using a website builder
- Using WordPress
- Hiring a professional designer
How you choose your website to be designed will determine how much you will have to spend. If you hire a professional web designer, it will be the most expensive option. According to Website Builder Expert, the upfront price tag of a website designer is over $10,000.
If you want to pay less than $5,000, you might not be satisfied with the result. You might regret the decision that you could have agreed to pay more.
The reasonable cost of getting a professional web designer to do the job is between $5,000 and $30,000. Remember, though, that each web design agency or web design freelancer has its own pricing tables.
The total price will depend on the following:
- The features that you want to include
- The number of pages you will need for your website
- If you will be selling through your site.
- Ongoing fees that cover:
- Hosting and security
- Access to support
- Maintenance requests
- The complexity of your design plan.
- If you have a premade template that the web designer will just customize.
- If you want a web designer to design your website from scratch
To give you an idea of where your payment for a web designer goes, here is a breakdown of the factors that you are paying for and the average costs of each:
- Setup -$160
- Design and Building — $5,000
- Content Creation — $500
- Training to Use it — $600
- Maintenance — $500
With all these factors included, the average total cost for hiring a web designer is $6,760. If you want to reduce this amount, you can buy a premium WordPress theme and then ask the web designer to customize it for you. This way, the web designer will not be designing from scratch.
The most expensive websites are those that are customized and built from scratch. It can cost around $10,000. So, if you want to pay less without sacrificing quality, you can talk to your web designer about keeping your site to a number of pages including only relevant features that will remain functional over time.
Do not make the mistake of hiring a web designer at dirt-cheap prices. You will end up being disappointed because you won’t be getting the value for your money.
Should I Pay Someone to Build My Website?
Now that you know how much you will have to pay if you choose to hire a web design professional to design your website, you can consider if it is worth the investment. Here are some questions you would like to answer to help you know if hiring a professional web designer is a smart move:
- Do you have the skills required to implement the principles of web design that your website needs?
- Do you have the ability to create all the needed elements of a great website, like content and images that are engaging and appropriate to carry your brand online?
- Do you have the time to design your own website, which is not a trivial task?
- What will be the impact on other important tasks you need to accomplish for your business if you design your own website?
Hiring a professional web designer in San Antonio will ensure that you get a team of experts who have the knowledge and skills to do the job the best way it can be done while helping you achieve your business goals.
Interesting Related Article: “3 Graphic Design Trends For Branding Your Business“