Lip oil is a hot topic nowadays, not just because of the latest viral video. Lip oil has been around for years but has recently become more popular than ever. This can be attributed to its excellent benefits for our lips and the fact that it’s so easy to use.
But what exactly does lip oil do? How often should you use it? And how can you get the best results from your lip oil? All of these questions will be answered in this guide!
Why should you use lip oil?
Lip oil is a great way to hydrate and moisturize your lips. If you have chapped, dry or split lips, lip oil can help. Lip oil is also known as lip balm, but the results are similar: soft and smooth lips.
When should you use lip oil?
- Before bedtime
- When you have dry, chapped lips
- When you have a cold, your nose is runny (you don’t want to get oil all over the pillow!).
- If you are going out in the sun, it will help prevent burning and chapping.
- If you are going to be eating a lot of spicy food, it will help protect the inside of your mouth from getting irritated by the hot spices.
- If you are going to be drinking alcohol, it prevents sores on your face from developing after drinking too much!
Using a lip oil
- Apply a small amount of lip oil to your lips
- Massage it in well
- Use the oil before bed, after washing your face, and after applying makeup.
How often should you use lip oil?
How often you use lip oil depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin, you may benefit from using it more often (like after every meal). On the other hand, if you have oily skin, using lip oil too much could cause breakouts or clogged pores. If your skin is normal—or somewhere in between—you can use lip oil as often as it works best for your schedule and lifestyle.
How does it work?
Applying lip oil is intended to moisturize, protect, and add shine to your lips. Lip oil contains fatty acids that help prevent dryness and chapping. It also contains vitamins and antioxidants to fight free radicals and emollients that smooth the lips.
When you use lip balm or lipstick without applying lip oil first, they may cause more damage than they prevent because they won’t be able to penetrate through all the layers of skin on your lips before being absorbed into your body.
What does lip oil do for your lips?
Lip oil is great for dry, chapped, cracked, and peeling lips. Lip oil is the perfect product to use if you’re looking for a good moisturizer to keep your lips from drying. But what exactly does it do?
Lip oil penetrates deep into the surface of your skin to hydrate it from within. It’s also excellent at soothing sunburned lips or any other dry patches on your face or body that need extra love and care.
Lip oil is a great way to moisturize your lips. It contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants that help to nourish your lips so that they are soft and smooth.
- Essential fatty acids are essential for maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails. They also help to improve the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles by helping to plump up the skin.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, which can cause damage to cells in your body. Free radicals can contribute to premature aging of the skin as well as other health issues such as heart disease or cancer.
- Antioxidants protect against sun damage by blocking harmful UV rays from penetrating your skin, slowing the aging process while keeping you looking youthful and fresh!
In conclusion, lip oil is a great product for people with dry lips. You should use it sparingly, though, because if you overdo it, your lips could get very oily and greasy. At the same time, make sure to pick the best lip oil for yourself.
Interesting Related Article: “5 Beauty and Skincare Trends That Are Shaping 2021“