With the release of the latest iOS version, many iPhone users have found problems with the new software. Common issues include problems with iTunes sync and Bluetooth connectivity. Some users have also reported that their phone does not unlock their Apple Watch after updating to iOS 16 beta.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, you may be wondering how to downgrade from iOS 16 beta to iOS 15 or an older version. Additionally, Tenorshare ReiBoot offers a hassle-free way to get back to the earlier version without any technical stuff. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Part 1: What Can We Do Before Downgrading From iOS 16 Beta?
You need to back up our data before doing anything. The downgrade process will erase everything from the device, so you must have a recent backup to restore from.
There are two ways to backup an iPhone: iCloud and iTunes.
1. Backup With iCloud
iCloud is the easier of the two methods as it requires no cables and can be done wirelessly. However, it only offers 5 GB of free storage, so if you have a lot of data on your device, you may need to purchase more storage or opt for iTunes instead.
- To back up with iCloud, connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Ensure “iCloud Backup” is turned on and tap “Back Up Now.”
2. Backup With iTunes
iTunes is a more comprehensive solution as it backs up your data and your apps, settings, and other phone content. However, it does require that you have a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed and that your iPhone is connected to that computer with a cable.
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes to back up with iTunes.
- Then click on the device icon in the window’s upper-left corner and select “Summary.”
- Then, click on “Back Up Now“.
Once your backup is complete, you’re ready to downgrade from iOS 16 beta to iOS 15 without losing any data.
Part 2: 2 Tips To Downgrade iOS 16 Beta To iOS 15 Without Data Loss
You may have installed the iOS 16 beta version because you wanted to experience the new features and improvements. But after trying it for some time, you may want to downgrade to the stable version of iOS 15.
There are two ways that you can downgrade from iOS 16 beta to iOS 15. You can either do it using iTunes or without iTunes. Here are the instructions for both methods:
Tip:1 – Remove iOS 16 Beta Profile
Before you downgrade from iOS 16 beta to iOS 15, you need to remove the iOS 16 beta profile. Otherwise, iTunes will detect it and refuse to install the earlier version of iOS. The steps to remove the beta version include:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, go to the ‘General’ section and scroll down.
- Tap on the ‘VPN And Device Management’ option to continue.
- This will show all configuration profiles installed on your iPhone.
- Find downloaded profiles under the ‘Configuration Profiles’ section.
- Delete the iOS 16 beta profile from your iPhone by tapping on the ‘Remove Profile’ option.
- Finally, restart your iPhone. It is now downgraded to iOS 15.
After removing the beta profile, you’ll be able to update your iPhone to iOS 16 through the ‘Software Update’ section in General Settings. You can download and install the software to move back to a stable, non-beta version of iOS when available.
Tips 2. Highly Recommend Way To Downgrade iOS 16 Beta To 15 Without iTunes
Here’s the easiest method if you are still facing problems with iOS 16 Beta and want to downgrade from the new iOS version. Use Tenorshare ReiBoot to downgrade without losing data. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS devices and betas. Besides, it doesn’t require you to have any technical skills. Connect your iOS device to a computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 16 Beta to iOS 15 without losing data:
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer.
- Run the software and use a USB cable to connect iOS device to the computer.
- Tap “Reset Device”. Two reset options will show on your screen. Choose the “Factory Reset” option.
- Download the latest firmware file that will reset your iPhone by tapping “Download.” In addition, choose the path where you want to save the firmware by tapping “Browse.”
- Hit the “Start Reset” option once the firmware package has been downloaded.
- The iPhone will start resetting automatically. After some minutes, your iPhone will be back to the older iOS version.
Still confused? Check the video guide below:
Part 3: FAQs
1. Is Tenorshare Reiboot Useful To Downgrade iOS?
Yes, Tenorshare ReiBoot is useful for downgrading iOS without any data loss. This software is compatible with all iPhone model devices and can help you fix various iOS issues like being stuck on the Apple logo, recovery mode, black screen, etc. There is no need to worry about data loss, as Tenorshare ReiBoot will not delete any of your data during the process.
2. How to Uninstall iOS 16 Beta?
For users who haven’t updated to the official iOS 16 release, downgrading from the iOS 16 beta is a relatively simple process. To remove the beta profile and return to your previous version of iOS:
- Click Settings > General > Profiles And Device Management
- Select your iOS Beta software profile
- Restart after removing your profile
Once your device has restarted, you should be running the previous version of iOS. Note that this process will delete any data stored on your device during the beta period, so be sure to backup any important files before proceeding.
3. Any other tips to back up my iPhone before iOS 16/15.5 Beta Downgrade?
When we mention the iOS beta downgrade, you should backup your important data before attempting an iOS beta downgrade, otherwise you may lose your data during the iOS 16 beta downgrade process. Here we recommend a perfect tool- Tenorshare iCareFone to effortlessly take backups of all sorts of data on your iPhone.
To back-up all sorts of data on your iPhone, Here are the steps you need to follow:
Download and install iCareFone > Tan “Backup & Restore” >Select the types of data you want >Wait for the process to complete>Export to Computer.
Part 4: Conclusion
To sum up, If you’re considering downgrading from the iOS 16 beta to iOS 15, there are several different ways you can do it. You can either downgrade using iTunes or if you’re looking for a more seamless experience, you can use Tenorshare Reiboot to downgrade without losing any of your data. It is compatible with all iOS devices and can help you fix several issues with your iPhone or iPad.
Whichever method you choose, follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t run into any problems along the way. We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to downgrade successfully. If you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Interesting Related Article: “5 Ways for iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode on iOS 14/13.7“