Sprinkler system enhances your home value. It certainly optimize water usage, effortlessly manage your watering needs, conserves water up to 50%, prevent the growth of weeds and influence a favorable micro-climate for your lawn. Here we will directly jump onto the discussion regarding estimating a sprinkler system cost.
Average sprinkler system installation cost
The estimated sprinkler system installation cost is $0.30 to $1 per square foot of yard. Remember that the crucial factors that directly impact the total installation price are the sprinkler system type and lawn size. Construction estimating consultants can prepare a detailed material breakdown and cost estimate for the installation of sprinkler system in lawns.
Factor 1: Lawn size
The size of lawn plays a significant role in determining what the total sprinkler system installation cost will be. Larger the size of the lawn, more sprinkler heads, piing, tubes and labor you need.
- A 5000 square feet of lawn size cost $1000 to $4000.
- A 10000 square feet of lawn size charge $2000 to $6000.
- A 20000 square feet of lawn size cost $3000 to $9000.
Factor 2: Sprinkler system type
Multiple sprinklers are there and below we are going to tell you basic information about them:
Above-ground system: It is affordable, easy to customize and quick to move around. Even if you have to replace its damaged parts, they are cost-friendly too! The only drawback of this system is that its exposed tubes remain highly vulnerable to damage.
In-ground system: This one is an automated system and costly as well. Its tubes and pipes remain completely out of sight. Expensive upfront price makes it not so a preferable pick among budget-conscious home-owners.
Stationary sprinklers: It is a budget-friendly system but suitable for lawns that have a small area.
Rotary sprinklers: This system is assumed to be the expensive one. It can easily cover the large lawn areas. You can even control the water flow.
Drip irrigation system: Opting for this system, water goes straight to the roots of the plants. It generally cost $200 to $1100 per zone.
Rainwater collection system: It is marked as an advanced in-ground system. Opting for this respective system, you can definitely save a lot on your water bill. Its upfront cost is around and about $1000 to $3000.
Factor 3: Watering zones
There is this general rule that the higher the number of watering zones, more will be the price of sprinkler system.
- 1 water zone rate is $500 to $1000.
- 2 water zones charge $1100 to $1900.
- 3 zones charge $2000 to $3000.
Factor 4: Additional costs
While setting up a sprinkler system, you need other items as well and this will automatically add up to the total project budget:
- Soil moisture sensors automatically turn off the sprinkler when the ground gets extremely wet. Its average price is $100 to $150.
- Rain sensors prevent the sprinkler from turning on if it has already rained. Its price is $30 to $100.
- Smart controls let you handle the sprinkler from your smartphone. Its approximate rate is $50 to $350.
There are few of the on-going maintenance costs which you should keep in mind when planning to install a sprinkler system:
- Wintering the installed sprinkler system is a must. Note that it is a yearly expense and charge $50 to $110. Its total cost also depends on the number of watering zones and size of the yard.
- Make it a mandatory practice to inspect the sprinkler. Inspection can be done after 5 years. The approximate price of this inspection is $250 to $450.
- Cleaning the sprinkler head is another maintenance cost. The cleaning services remain $50 and not more than that.
Cost of DIY in-ground sprinkler system
DIY in-ground sprinkler system kit cost $150 to $250 and it can easily cover 1000 to 2000 square feet of lawn. Some do not prefer using these kits as they look labor-intensive and might get improperly installed.
How geographic location impact the sprinkler system installation cost?
It is true that geographic location influence the sprinkler system installation price.
- Soil type differs from location to location. They directly impact the price of digging trenches. It is assumed that in-ground system always needs trenches.
- Permit prices differ from state to state. If your sprinkler has been connected to city water, it will definitely require a permit.
- The local cost of living impact the overall labor cost. Suppose you are living in a high-class society, labors there charge more than in an area which is middle-class.
If you still have questions on the sprinkler system installation cost, ask us any time. Stay tuned!
You may be interested in: The Connection Between Real Estate Photos and Image Enhancement