Almost every year, a new MacBook hits the market, sending shockwaves with better features and specs. Naturally, the urge to upgrade is always there, especially for people who rely on Apple products for computer-intensive operations. Consequently, it’s common for people to search “how to sell my MacBook” to raise the much-needed funds to buy a new MacBook.
Is selling a used MacBook profitable?
Selling a MacBook can be profitable if it is in good physical and working condition. After years of service, getting a few bucks out of a used laptop can go a long way toward upgrading to a better and more powerful Mac.
The newer the MacBook, the higher the prospect of getting a higher price from a used laptop. Even if the Mac is not in the best working conditions, it is still possible to salvage some of the parts that can be refurbished and used in other laptops. Since most parts hold value, they make generating a significant amount of money easy.
How do you need to prepare your MacBook before you sell it?
While selling a MacBook through legitimate sources like ReboostMac is straightforward, there are a couple of things one should do:
- First, it is important to back up or transfer all the files to an external storage or iCloud where they can be accessed in the future. Additionally, you can always transfer the files to a new Mac.
- Once the backup process is complete, sign out of iTunes, iCloud, and iMessage to ensure the new owner does not have access to personal information.
- Unpair the Mac if it’s connected to external devices such as Bluetooth devices.
- Finally, erase everything unnecessary that remains, as well as other programs previously installed. One of the best ways to restore the MacBook to its factory settings is to reinstall the MacOS.
Benefits of selling a used MacBook
- Selling an old MacBook offers an opportunity to get some funds to buy a new laptop. Additionally, trade-in services let people trade in their old Macs for other Macs with better specs and features.
- Selling used Macs goes a long way in promoting recycling and sustainable living. Instead of the old laptop being left to rot away and be harmful to the environment, proper disposal helps conserve the environment.
- Developing new laptops is intensive and results in significant carbon emissions that pollute the environment leading to global warming. Therefore, selling used Macs limits demand for new ones.
The best way to sell a used MacBook in Switzerland
If you want to know how to sell my MacBook and get the right deal, ReboostMac is at your service. It is a one-stop service that offers competitive prices regardless of the MacBook’s condition. In addition, the legitimate source pays you cash that you can use to buy a new laptop. It is also the safest place for anyone looking to buy a refurbished MacBook.