As any gardener knows, having the right tools on hand is essential for keeping your garden in tip-top shape. Most of us have a few gardening tools we use regularly, but you also need to have a place to store them so they’re always within reach.
If you’re like most gardeners, you have a collection of tools that seem to grow every year. And, chances are, you aren’t storing your garden tools and equipment properly. To keep your gear in top condition, here are some garden tool storage ideas.
How to store garden tools indoors
There are a few options for storing garden tools indoors. The best one is to keep them in a place that is out of the way and is properly insulated from moisture and extreme temperatures. This could be your laundry room, basement, or even a garden shed.
Another option is to have a dedicated cabinet in your kitchen just for tools. This can be handy if you don’t have a lot of space outside, or if you just want easy access to your equipment.
Here are some great ideas for storing your garden tools indoors:
- Choose a place that is out of the way, such as a basement or attic. If you have neither, you can keep all your gardening tools in the laundry room provided there are enough cabinets and shelves.
- Store power tools in a cabinet or closet to keep them dust-free. Hang the rake, hose, and other items on hooks or a tool rack. Use a pegboard to hang hand tools and smaller items inside the closet for easy access.
- Label everything. It’s best to put smaller tools in drawers or tool boxes, but remember to label them so you won’t have a hard time finding things.
- If you won’t use the tools for a while, wrap each tool in an old towel or piece of fabric to prevent scratches. This keeps tools ready to go when you need to move them.
- Invest in sturdy shelving. This will help you keep things off the floor and give you extra storage space. Also, remember to place heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
How to store garden tools outside
For most people, the garage is the obvious choice for storing garden tools. But if you don’t have a garage, or if your garage is already full of stuff, you may need to get creative.
One option is to build or buy a small shed. This will protect your tools from the elements and keep them from cluttering up your yard or patio. Another option is to invest in a rolling tool cart. These carts come in a variety of sizes and can be easily moved around your property.
If you’re tight on space, you may need to do some DIY outdoor projects for garden tool storage.
- Choose a spot that’s out of the way and not too exposed to the elements. A garden shed or covered porch would be ideal. If you don’t have space for a shed, use an old file cabinet as garden tool storage.
- Invest in good storage containers. Plastic bins with lids are a great option, as they’ll protect your tools from the weather and keep them organized. You can also get a garden storage bench to double as outdoor seating.
- Repurpose an old mailbox. This way, you can put small tools and seed packets out of sight in your backyard.
Your collection of garden tools grows with your plants
Whether you’re a beginner gardener or an experienced green thumb, it’s important to have the right tools for your garden. By following these simple tips, you can keep your gear in great condition and make tending to your plants easier than ever. If you don’t feel like dealing with the hassle of storing your own tools and maintaining your yard, consider hiring a professional gardening service. Let the experts take care of everything for you so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your beautiful garden.
Interesting Related Articles: “5 Essential Items For Every Gardeners“