Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. is one of the largest banks in the world in terms of total assets.
The company was founded in 1984 as a limited company.
It is one of China’s Big Four Banks, along with the Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, and China Construction Bank.
It is involved in nearly every aspect of the banking industry, including: consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, mortgages, credit cards, investment management, investment banking, global wealth management, and private equity.
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. went public on both the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2006 – one of the largest IPOs in history valued at US$21.9 billion.
The company has more than 18,000 outlets and over 106 overseas branches and agents around the world.
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. – Company Overview
- Chairman and CEO: Jiang Jianqing
- Industry: Banking
- Type: Public
- Listed on the the Hong Kong and Shanghai Stock Exchanges
- SEHK stock symbol: 1398
- SSE stock symbol: 601398
- Net profit: CN¥262,965 million (2013)
- Earnings per share: CN¥0.75 (2013)
- Total assets: CN¥18,917,752 million (2013)
- Headquarters: No.55 FuXingMenNei Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
- Employees: 410,000 (approximately)
- Website: http://www.icbc.com.cn/
- Investor relations contact number: 400-66-95588
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. – Financial Results
|Key figures (in millions of CN¥ RMB except for share data)||2013||2012|
|Net interest income||CN¥443,335||CN¥417,828|
|Proﬁt before tax||CN¥338,537||CN¥308,687|
|Equity attributable to equity holders||CN¥1,274,134||CN¥1,124,997|
|Earnings per share – basic (in USD)||CN¥0.75||CN¥0.68|
|Earnings per share – diluted (in USD)||CN¥0.74||CN¥0.67|