National Healthcare Services or NHS regulates the health insurance system in Europe and the UK. In fact, the purpose of private health insurance organizations is to affix the flaws of National Healthcare Services. The private companies serve this by providing excellent quality services on an extremely customized level.
The drawbacks of NHS which should be improved
- Appointment scheduling
- Insurance renewal process
- Parking-related issues near the hospital
- Nutrition, leisure-related perks such as TV, wifi, etc.
- Information processing and “paperwork.”
- Physician-patient information transfer procedures
- Less optimal care
- Long queues and waiting time, especially if you need to know the results of diagnosis right now.
It is easier to solve these problems using an insurance mobile app development.
While creating an insurance mobile app development one should research the market issues-
- One should pay heed to market issues, and the customer needs to make the app successful.
- People prefer when things are simple and minimalized.
- The app should be handy and
- There should not be any unnecessary calling and visiting involved.
- During business analysis, one should create a detailed business plan and technical documentation.
- One should list the milestones, features, and other data related to the project.
- The next step is prototyping and UI or UX design that could be tested upon a sample audience.
- After hitting the milestones and improving the setbacks, the app is finally ready to be released.
- There should also be post-launch maintenance and support and to ensure the scope for scalability and new features implementation.
Characteristics of a good insurance app
- Easily discoverable insurance plans
- Comparison and selection between plans
- Renewable insurance plans
- Alerts and notifications
- Real-time consulting with doctors, if possible
- Attachment of bills and receipts
- Management of claims and payment requests
- Easily discoverable clinics and hospitals where one’s insurance plan is active
- Easy connectivity when the case occurs
- Further, having all the data at hand including contact numbers, names, billing information
Features and design should involve
- Simple or complex design
- Convenient user-interface
- Payment system and
- Search and comparison functionality
Costing of the app
The design will affect and determine the cost. Whether one employs an expert or builds the app himself will further increase or reduce the costing.
To make the users open the app every day, one can implement some features regarding health:
- Alarm clock
- Sleep measuring system and REM monitor
- Fitness functionality systems as drinking reminder, pedometer, etc.
- Heath monitor and tracking systems
These features help to keep the users engaged and active, even during idle time.
Before building a health insurance app, one should analyze the competitor apps and notice how their performance is. If there are drawbacks, the solutions can be implemented to make a high-quality application. Further, one can survey the features of the best insurance apps available like Aetna, MyIH, Qooter, etc. Aetna also provides features as customized guidance and support, insurance plan management, claims, and renewal, medications lookup, and access to a network of healthcare providers by location, profile, and specialty.
Furthermore, MyIH helps to provide operations and procedures coverage, balance-tracking, to keep ID cards secure, and to find doctors, urgent care providers, and hospitals. Qooter helps to make a comparison between different health insurance plans, their costs, and benefits. Finally, one can aggregate the pros of various top quality apps under one roof and solve the cons to make a superb app.
Interesting related article: “What is Health Insurance?“