Hiring a local SEO company to help improve your rankings in Google, Yelp, and other major search engines can make it easier to attract new customers to your business. However, if you aren’t careful when choosing the right company, you could end up spending thousands of dollars on a service that doesn’t deliver the results you want.
When it comes to local businesses, it’s important to ensure that your marketing methods are up to snuff. For the most part, you can get away with the do-it-yourself approach, but you should be wary of working with local SEO services who aren’t qualified and experienced enough to deliver good results for your business. This guide will teach you how to evaluate a local search engine optimization service so that you can avoid wasting time and money on people who don’t know what they’re doing.
Are the results they promise sustainable?
A lot of local SEO services make big promises. They’ll guarantee you the top spot-on Google, or hundreds of new leads per month. But are these results sustainable? Once you stop paying them, will your rankings plummet and your leads dry up? A good local SEO service should be able to show you results that are sustainable over the long term. Otherwise, you’re just throwing money away for a short-term boost in traffic and sales. Ask the company about their data retention practices before hiring them – if they don’t want to answer this question, it might be time to find a different provider.
A list of questions you should ask any local SEO company you are considering.
- What kind of businesses have you worked with in the past?
- What are your rates?
- What is included in your services?
- What is your process for optimizing a website for local search?
- Can you provide examples of businesses you’ve helped succeed with local SEO?
- Do you have any testimonials from happy clients?
- Do you offer any guarantees? 8. Have you ever had a client get penalized by Google for unethical practices or spamming?
- Do you use any automated software (e.g., robots, black hat techniques) to do your work?
- Does your company have an ethical code of conduct that would prevent things like spamming, scraping content, and building backlinks through low-quality sources like blog comments and forums?
Do they have internal resources to deliver on their promises?
A local SEO service should have a team of in-house experts to help you rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). These experts should be well-versed in the latest SEO trends and algorithms. They should also be able to create customized strategies for your business that are based on your unique needs and goals. Do they have experience? When evaluating a local SEO service, it is important to ask them about their experience. What kind of work do they specialize in? Do they provide services like web design, website management, content marketing, social media management or other digital marketing services? It is important to ensure that the company has expertise in what you need as this will give them a better chance at achieving your desired result.
You may be interested in: What is SEO and why do you need it?