Decoding the perfect online marketing mix for a small business may require considerable brainstorming, but there’s one constant in every digital strategy – SEO. Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is all about ensuring that your website appears on the top of search results, for specific keywords and searches. Besides generic SEO, local companies and small businesses also need to focus on local SEO, which basically has a demographic component attached to it.
Local SEO allows you to become a relevant brand for the local consumers, and it goes without saying that it directly impacts your brand value, sales, and conversions.
In this post, we are talking more on this and how a local SEO company can help your brand in the right direction.
Does our brand need local SEO?
Online marketing is a mix of many elements – PPC, SEO, social media marketing, online reputation management, email marketing, content marketing, retargeting, and much more. While generics SEO does have advantages that cannot be ignored, local businesses need to focus on local keywords, so that their products and services become relevant for the target customers. Local SEO does have a bunch of benefits, such as –
- Become a brand. You may not be a big brand at the national level, but if you can sell goods and products for a specific region, you have won big.
- Get close to your consumers. By being there on search engines when customers look for products, you increase the chance of pushing a sale.
- Enhance your online authority. Local SEO is the best way to boost online presence, authority and increase conversions. The traffic comes from a specific business region, so chances of conversions increase dramatically.
- Local SEO is for every business. You may not have the budget to spend on a comprehensive marketing campaign to compete with the big brands, but local SEO gives you access to be a champ in your own market. This is something that will help every business that’s looking for online sales.
- Great for smaller budgets. Even if you cannot spend on paid marketing, PPC and social media ads, you can still actually manage local SEO easily. All you need is a reliable company for the job, and next, we are discussing how you can choose one.
Tips to find a company for local SEO
While there are plenty of local SEO services out there, you need to do your homework and select one that can align its expertise for your business. Below are some of the suggestions you can consider –
- Find more about their local clients. Ask the concerned agency as how many local clients they have worked with, and any service that has been around for a while will never shy away from sharing references.
- Ask for case studies. When it comes to local SEO, ask for case studies and find more on how their SEO efforts have helped clients. You need to know their approach to the job and what they can do for your company in the long run, because SEO is for the future.
- Ability to handle other marketing tasks. It is also very necessary to check if the same agency can deal with PPC, social media and email marketing at the least. As a small business, you may not have the resources to engage two different companies for the same project, and therefore, hire one that can offer comprehensive services.
Local SEO requires smaller steps like fixing your website for mobile users, focusing on geography-based keywords, and claiming listings on Google My Business, Facebook, Yelp and online directories. Ensure that the agency you hire has a plan in place!