Any interruption in the production floor would mean lost time and money. That’s why it’s crucial to keep commercial floors tough.
But commercial floors are heavily trafficked areas. For this reason, they need protective coatings for added durability to withstand heavy loads, rapid movements, and extreme temperatures. Without the protective coating, commercial floors show signs of wear and tear, like cracks, sinking, or shrinkage.
So, check the different ways of how protective coatings can help preserve and protect your commercial flooring.
Optimize Floor Materials with Epoxies
When it comes to protective coatings and sealants, one category to help optimize materials for indoor and outdoor environments for chemical and corrosion resistance is epoxy. Epoxies come in different applications, including primers, liners, single-coat solutions, and intermediate coats.
The three classes of epoxies include the following:
- Polyester Resins: Polymerization refers to a chemical reaction in which two or more molecules are combined, protecting from corrosion and provides superior adherence of polymer coating. It’s relatively fast in polyester resins, wherein it’s applicable for products with lower temperatures.
- Epoxy Acrylates: This epoxy is suitable for applications that involve damp substrates or low temperatures. It’s not applicable in cracked concrete because it’s a stiff type of epoxy.
- Pure Epoxy: It’s a resin coating and a hardener at the same time. Pure epoxy cures at a slower rate as compared to epoxy acrylates and polyesters. Pure epoxy provides high strength performance, less shrinkage, and excellent adhesion.
Epoxy floor coatings that are used for commercial flooring are applied over concrete floors. They provide a smooth, durable, and high-performance surface that can withstand heavy loads. Commercial buildings heavily rely on California epoxy floors to keep the area safe
Make Your Commercial Floor Slip Resistant
Commercial establishments require slip-resistant epoxy flooring because these areas are either wet or dry. With a slip-resistant floor coating, you can choose from various finishes–ranging from mild to coarser textures. To significantly help lower your risk of dangerous slip or fall accidents, slip-resistant floor coatings must also be properly installed by professionals.
Slip resistance coatings make commercial floors safe to use, most especially for areas with the following:
- Oil or grease
- Dropped plastic wrap
- Spill powders
- Food debris
- Liquid spills
This being said, it’s best to make your commercial floor slip-resistant. Choosing an anti-skid concrete floor provides a safer environment for your employees, visitors, clients, and customers. Anti-skid floors are highly recommended for food and beverage businesses, vehicle maintenance bays, veterinary or animal care facilities, laboratories, clinics and hospitals, and electronics facilities.
Additional Layer for Impact Resistance
Along with keeping your commercial floor clean, applying protective floor coatings help improve its impact resistance. Epoxy floors create a fast and hard bond with the concrete underneath, offering an extremely durable and seamless flooring solution. With epoxy flooring, the surface is much stronger as compared to plain concrete.
Whether your workers are dragging equipment or dropping materials, epoxy floors endure high impact as they’re tough to scratch, dent, or damage. If you notice some scratches or dents on your commercial floor, deal with it right away before its condition gets worse.
Here are the advantages of installing impact-resistant epoxy flooring in your commercial space:
- Avoid Production Delays: Because your commercial floor is free from damages, moving supplies, tools, and equipment used in production is faster and smoother, preventing slow down or delays.
- Increased Productivity: Installing epoxy flooring can increase productivity in the workplace because your employees will finish a job with smoother, slip-resistant, and durable flooring.
- Save on Repairs: Choosing a high-quality epoxy coating for your commercial flooring can help you save money on repairs due to weak or poorly installed flooring. Also, you can save on the repair of your machinery or equipment because epoxy flooring serves as a protection against equipment impact to plain concrete.
Protect Commercial Floors Against Harsh Environments
Commercial settings or various industries may require extreme heat or cold. Epoxy floors are an appropriate choice for a manufacturing facility or warehouse that requires certain temperatures. Epoxy coatings applied on commercial floors can endure deep freezers and other harsh environments.
Top coatings, such as urethane coatings, will make your epoxy floors even more durable and capable of handling heavy traffic flow, high impact environment, and heavy machinery. To determine the best epoxy floor coating solution for your facility, contact an epoxy specialist.
Protective coatings help protect your commercial flooring by providing an additional layer of high-performance protection over the plain concrete. Epoxy floor coatings can withstand harsh environments, heavy traffic, and great impact. Applying protective coatings to your commercial floors will make them more durable and long-lasting.
Interesting Related Article: “Choosing a Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Service Near You“