In terms of composition, the PVC foam board sheet, more appropriately known as the polyvinyl chloride foam board sheet, is made up of polyvinyl chloride and polyurea mixed in a polymer network. On the other hand, WPC (wood plastic composite) board is made of wood fiber flour and thermoplastics integrated, designed to alternative natural wood planks.
Both the PVC foam board sheet and WPC composite board have attained a wide range in terms of usage and applications due to the features they present. The PVC foam board sheet and the WPC composite board are manufactured using a mix of natural and synthetic materials that give them their characteristics. These include durability, resisting natural elements, and water & fire resistance, making them ideal for indoor and outdoor applications. Moreover, they are equally applicable to traditional home decorations (kitchens, bathrooms, balconies, villas, basements, and courtyards) and industrial decorations (kindergartens, nursing homes, hotels, etc.).
What Are The Top Differences?
While both the PVC foam board sheet and WPC composite board have a variety of similar features and applications, they differ in many aspects. The synthetic materials used in both – the plastics – are different with their respective properties and characteristics into the individual materials. Let us start looking into what sets these two apart in various terms and aspects.
- Components:PVC is mainly made of plastic and plastic-based materials with additives like calcium carbonate. Conversely, WPC is a composite of wood, fiber, and plastics. The composition affects the texture and feel, as well as other properties of the material.
- Appearance: Though PVC has a smaller range of colors available to choose from, it is long-lasting with minimal fading. While WPC, which has a more extensive range of colors, is easy to fade to some extent.
- Installation:PVC foam board sheets, which are easy fabrication, handling, and cutting with some proficient processes, require a professional to perform the job. On the contrary, WPC composite boards are easy to install, like any other composite board, mainly since they are easy to modify.
- Features:Both the materials are excellent in resisting fire, water, moisture. However, in terms of slipping, WPC is considerably better. As far as the costing comparison, PVC is more pocket-friendly since WPC is considered a costlier material.
All in all, both PVC and WPC have their pros and cons. However, one thing should bear in mind is that only a capable machine can produce the best product for you. It is crucial for you to pay attention to the machine rather than the product itself.
WPC Floor/PVC Foam Board Production Line
PVC foam board machine and WPC board-making machine can be ermed the WPC Floor/PVC Foam Board Production Line, is a state-of-the-art technology suited for producing both sheets. In terms of PVC, foam boards are the ideal substitute for aluminum, wood, and other composites. To help you have a better understanding of the product, we will lead you to figure the question that puzzled people for a long time. So here and now, the question arises as to which steps you will have to go through using our production line to manufacture PVC foam board sheets. In this way, let us examine those significant steps.
- Material:The primary material involved in the production of PVC foam board sheets itself is polyvinyl chloride. Apart from PVC, several additives can be added, such as CaCO3 (two or three times more in quantity than PVC), stearic acid, and wax.
- Mixer:All the ingredients incorporated in making the PVC foam board sheets are plasticized and mixed thoroughly to form the product. High-temperature physical friction softens the primary material, which wraps different added substances. Consequently, it allows the product composition to stay uniform and even in all areas.
- Extrusion and Foaming:After homogenous mixing of PVC resin and blowing agent, the molten material is extruded into the form of sheets. The rotational speed and production capacity of the extruder depend on the quality of the uniformity of the plasticized material in the previous step. Later on, the extruded material goes through the process of foaming.
- Cooling and Shaping:After extrusion and foaming, the material is left to cool and shaped according to the required specifications. The width and thickness of the PVC foam board sheet can range from 915mm to 2050mm and 5mm to 20mm, respectively.
- Cutting:The product is now cut into fixed lengths and sizes that can be ready to use by the consumer. These PVC foam board sheets are uniform and identical and ideally set to be used for a wide variety of applications, as mentioned above in this article.
Interesting Related Article: “What is manufacturing? Definition and examples“