Prototyping is the vital element of engineering and design process. The process involves unique manufacturing methods for creating high quality physical models of 3D design. This is the method that is very useful for the design improvement and act as the stepping stone to full production and also for engineering testing.
Rapid Prototyping Services are economical and faster and it offers results without extra investment for hard tooling. The services are used by clients that want to produce physical part economically and quickly to validate the design and capture fleeting sales opportunity. The service is opted for traditional prototyping.
What is Rapid Prototyping Services?
Rapid Prototyping Services involve employing diverse group of techniques that are used for efficient and quick fabrication of 3D scale model of physical assembly or a part. This prototyping service is used for faster fabrication of physical parts, assembly and model using 3D computer aided design. The production of the model, part and assembly is completed with the help of additive manufacturing which is commonly known as 3D printing.
What are the Advantages of Rapid Prototyping Services?
The Rapid Prototyping Services offer design, engineer and development team with multiple benefits that are discussed below.
- It allows the design team and engineers to realize and explore concept faster. This efficiency in cost and time enables team to proceed beyond visualization of the product. This makes it easier to hold the properties and design of products efficiently.
- It allows applying repeated designs as well as integrates changes that lead to evaluation as well as testing of the final product. Due to this process a roadmap is developed, refining the end product.
- It allows the engineers and design team to communicate the concept precise and efficiently and the process takes the image, ideas and concepts from flat and 2D visuals to the practical products that others can see in action.
- It allows thoroughly refining and testing the concept and minimizing the design flaws with the smaller volume rapid prototype and this helps in reducing the expensive design flaws which may not be clear in the early assessment.
- When you opt for Rapid Prototyping Services, you save money and time as there is no need to setting up the unnecessary tool.
What are the Applications of Rapid Prototyping Services?
Rapid Prototyping Services can be use for different technologies and materials, thereby making it quite versatile method which can be used for a variety of applications.
- The concept model offers the design team with the option to validate both the assumptions and ideas that are behind the concept model. The concept model is the perfect way to explore and find out the concept and demonstrate the validating to stakeholders.
- The functional prototypes allow the design team and engineers to get hold of the details that offer precise representation of the final product by enabling them to test its validity prior to its movement on the next step.
The design, fit and manufacturability of the product can now be tested before to moving it into a full production mode and this is only possible with Rapid Prototyping Services.
Interesting related article: “What is Manufacturing?“