Kodi on Firestick is an incredible combination and complete home entertainment. The streaming app fits well with Firestick offering an unlimited variety of online content. Kodi app is highly designed to work with various devices (operating systems) and deliver quality streams. To get the most out of Kodi majority of online streamers prefer Firestick streaming devices. The Firestick provides unique streaming services from popular streaming channels. The user can opt to stick with premium channels or install third-party apps for free viewing.
The third-party apps are easily sideloaded using methods such as the downloader app, App2Fire, ES File Explorer, and more. Kodi app is a perfect choice for your Firestick, giving an extensive library of addons and builds. The features allow for live TV channels, on-demand videos, and music. The user can download and install numerous apps on Firestick without restrictions.
Though Kodi accommodates multiple addons, the applications can be overwhelming. This slows the Firestick or makes the app completely stop working. The user shouldn’t panic as there are ways to resolve the issue. One can also opt to reset the app or streaming device for other different reasons. The majority of Kodi users know how to download Kodi on Firestick. However, they are challenged on how to reset Kodi.
Kodi backup process on Firestick
Once you settle on the reset or restart option, you need to consider your data on the Firestick. You must have accumulated thousands of data since you bought or install the Kodi version. Before resetting the Kodi app to factory setting, backup all your data. Note the move will clear all the information; it’s hard to retrieve the details once gone. It’s challenging to remember all the data you had previously installed. Some add-ons offer the backup feature though not many deliver the promise. One can use the Kodi Ares wizard to back and data before resetting the app.
- On your Kodi home screen, click the option “addons>program addons.
- Next open Ares wizard (the wizard should be installed on your Kodi).s
- On the new page, click the “backup” option on the Ares wizard page.
- Choose the destination where the files will be saved. Click “select destination” to get the folder you wish to save the files.
- Next, open the “Root file system”> SD card.
- Choose the files you want to save or back up. Note Firestick provides a backup folder by default; you can save it on the folder or create a new folder.
- Create the folder on Kodi and click “OK.”
- Go back to the Ares wizard, click the “refresh” button under the backup section.
- Select “full system backup” or select specific data.
- Now click “make back up” the page will request if you want to skip or continue.
- The Ares Wizard will back up the data. Click the No or yes button based on preference. Give the process some time, and you’re done.
How to reset Kodi on Firestick
Clearing data on Kodi won’t eliminate Kodi on Firestick. However, it will delete or clear all addons and everything attached to the addons.
- On the Firestick home screen, click the “settings” tab.
- Press the select button to open the “application” menu.
- Next, click “manage installed applications.”
- The system will open all applications on your Firestick.
- Choose the Kodi app and proceed to the “clear data” option.
- The page will display Kodi details such as storage on the page.
- Select the clear data tab again for confirmation.
- The system will clear Kodi’s data. You can check for the home screen menu “apps and games.”
- To get the app, you need to reset it by default. All the addons are gone, and Kodi is new.
Uninstalling Kodi on Firestick
- On the home screen menu, click “settings” >applications.
- Next select “manage installed apps”> click Kodi.
- Press the uninstall tab and repeat the action.
- The action will delete Kodi on your Firestick.
- Note that all data will be deleted; you need to restore it from Ares wizard if backed up.
Restore backed up data
- After reinstalling Kodi on your device, click the backup tab and choose the backup file.
- Click the “restore” tab from the Ares wizard settings page.
- Next select “back up”>Root file system> go to the backup folder>click “OK”
- Proceed and refresh >restore the backup.
- The page will restore and send a confirmation message.
- Click “OK”
- The option will lead you back to the Firestick homepage; now, you can re-launch Kodi on your device.