The essay is a creative work that teachers love. But students don’t like it very much. And very much in vain. With a little practice, you can use it to get into the desired field of study, pass the exam with “A” marks, win a prestigious competition, etc. From this article, you will learn what an essay is and how to write it, how to deal with the plan, structure and how to avoid typical mistakes.
What is an essay?
An essay is a composition of a small volume. In French, this word means experience, an essay, an outline.
It usually expresses the author’s position on a single issue and does not focus on truthfulness and completeness. That is why many teachers consider write my essay the most creative type of checking students’ knowledge.
This type of work is practiced in schools, on the exam, at universities, and as a test assignment for applicants for certain jobs.
What is the essay classification?
How to better understand the essay? We need to classify it according to the characteristics:
- Content: Philosophical, historical, literary-critical, artistic, artistic-journalistic, spiritual-religious, etc.;
- Form: Reviews, notes, diary pages, letters, etc.;
- Relation to what was said: Subjective (reveal any personal traits) and objective (focused on a problem);
- The way of writing: This includes descriptive, reflective, critical, narrative, analytical, etc.
Characteristics of essays
Traits help to distinguish this type of work from others and allow you not to miss important aspects.
Such signs include:
- A specific topic or question. Here they do not analyze the spectrum of problems, unlike other forms of knowledge testing;
- Subjective opinion or impression, not claiming a complete interpretation;
- The content contains an assessment of the author’s personality: his thoughts, feelings and worldview;
- Detailed analysis of the problem, implying the statement of a subjective opinion supported by facts;
- Relative brevity. The text does not imply large volumes and lengthy arguments. Use metaphors, comparisons, but be concise;
- Narrative logic. Despite the rather free composition, the text is characterized by internal unity, consistency and coherence of the author’s statements.
The listed signs will help distinguish an essay from an essay. They are often confused, because in both cases it is necessary to reason. But in an essay, one argues not about a specific problem, but about the position of the author of a text: what meaning did Leo Tolstoy put into the image of Anna Karenina.
What does a proper structure consist of?
The structure contains all the basic elements of an academic paper: the introduction, the main part, and the conclusion.
Many rely on the introduction and with its help grab the reader’s attention. This is the right decision, since the introduction contains the formulation of the problem. Competently written introduction as a cheap essay writing service helps to set the reader on the right emotional wave and smoothly approach the problem.
The main part is devoted to the formulation of different points of view on a particular problem. It includes sub-paragraphs consisting of 3 sections: the thesis (judgement), justification (arguments proving the thesis) and sub-conclusion (does not fully answer the question posed).
Argumentation is important here. It is used to convince the reader that the point of view expressed is the correct one. Arguments are stories from life, opinions of researchers, references to studies, etc.
The argumentation is structured as follows:
- Final Judgement.
The final part contains conclusions on the above theses. It then repeats the problem and draws a final conclusion. The purpose of the last part is to create a holistic picture and make the readers think.
How to write an essay correctly?
If you have already figured out its features and structure, it’s time to learn the rules of writing.
Choosing a topic
If there is no list of topics, consider the target audience. The text for the teacher, the committee and the employer will be different. Think about what the reviewer will pay attention to. Choose a topic that will give an opportunity to show the best qualities and abilities.
If a list of topics is offered, take the one where you can speak that you are interested in.
The work intended for the job should demonstrate your character and personality through the topic and content.
How to start making an essay?
The hardest part is getting started. We have carefully studied all the recommendations and selected the most effective ones:
- Formulate the idea, define the goal, choose the sources you will work with;
- Do not think long over the introductory part: you can write it after the main part and the conclusion. That way, you’ll already know how to approach the topic;
- Start with a question that you will answer later in the text. This will set the right direction for your thinking;
- Use the technique of freewriting. We’ll look at it in more detail later.
How to make a perfect plan?
The first thing you need to understand is that you can’t make a perfect plan the first time. In the process, it can and must be edited. The definition of “perfect” is not quite appropriate, since there are no rigid frameworks and restrictions.
The plan is needed more in order to adhere to the logic of presentation. Each point of the plan is a new idea. If it needs to be described in more detail, subparagraphs are created.
The finished plan should be reviewed and make sure that its points are each in its place.
Interesting Related Article: “A Guide for Students: 7 Tips on Starting a Business from Campus“