SSC CHSL is one of the most popular exams in India to get a government job. The Staff Selection Commission through SSC CHSL exam allows 12th pass candidates to face the intense competition of SSC CHSL exam and build their career. However, the vacancies in the CHSL exam are limited. Candidates who grab the opportunity and make it to SSC CHSL Result get a secured career in the government sector.
As the competition for SSC CHSL exam is getting tougher every year, we have collated 5 absolute tips that will help candidates to prepare dedicatedly and make it to the final SSC CHSL Result.
Tips to get selected in the final SSC CHSL Result
- Speed and accuracy is all that a candidate needs to crack the SSC CHSL exam. Remember that there are 100 MCQs to be solved in only 60 minutes in the SSC CHSL exam. So, the average time a candidate has to solve one question is near 36 seconds and on top of it there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks. Hence, to attain that level of speed and accuracy it is important that candidates solve free online mock tests and previous year question papers regularly.
- Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern well is the work half done. It helps in strategizing the preparation plan. SSC CHSL exam is an online examination of 60 minutes consisting of four sections. Each section has 25 questions of 50 marks. Subjects covered in the fours sections are quantitative aptitude, English, general awareness and general intelligence.
- Preparation strategy for SSC CHSL exam should be well placed. Candidates must be well aware of previous year SSC CHSL Cut Off so that they can plan well for their preparation. For example, If the SSC CHSL Cut Off for the previous year is 143.5 marks for the general category, then the candidate should target for 160 marks in SSC CHSL Tier I for this year. Therefore, candidates should try to attempt either 80 plus questions with 100 % accuracy or more than 106 questions with 80% accuracy.
- Theoretical Studies should be on tips. This is mostly what is expected out of candidates who have just passed class 12th. Candidates should try to complete and revise all theoretical subjects of SSC CHSL Syllabus and learn shortcut tricks to solve tricky questions.
- Candidates are advised not to go for a hit and try method in the examination. Avoiding wild guesses to mark answers will be good because for each wrong answer they will lose 0.50 marks. To evaluate the impact of negative marking on total score candidates should check the answer key for SSC CHSL examinations.
- The more you read the more you know. Daily reading of newspapers, relevant magazines and going through the important news channels will help candidates in the general awareness section as well as english section. Use the Internet to collate important information related to happenings around the world.
Lastly, do not stress, as it reduces grasping power and affects performance during examination. Relax your mind follow the tips given for preparation to reach the final SSC CHSL Result.
Interesting related article: “What is Training?“