Are you looking to hire laravel developers? Hiring developers for your company is one of the most important things you can do as a business owner. The right developers will be able to help your company grow, while the wrong ones could cause it to flounder. That’s why it’s so important to hire only the best–but how do you know who those are? If you’re looking for Laravel developers who can help build out your next big project, here are some questions that will help guide your search:
Laravel is a PHP framework used for building fast and secure web applications. It provides scalability to the web application by offering simple and fast routing, powerful dependency injection containers, and elegant, expressive syntax.
Laravel is a PHP framework used for building fast and secure web applications. It provides scalability to the web application by offering simple and fast routing, a powerful dependency injection container, and elegant, expressive syntax.
Laravel is written in PHP programming language which is an open-source server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
1. Find out if they’re familiar with the Laravel framework
The first thing to consider is whether they are familiar with the Laravel framework. Laravel is one of the most popular PHP frameworks and it is used for building enterprise-level web applications. It’s a free, open-source PHP framework that comes with features like MVC architecture and support for Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). For newbie developers, it offers a lot of guidance in terms of how to build your application using this framework.
2. Check their communication and collaboration skills
A good Laravel developer should have strong communication and collaboration skills. Communication skills are important because they help you understand your developer better to get the right kind of work done. The work will also be done efficiently, which saves you time and money in the long run.
Collaboration skills are equally important because they make your life easier when working with a remote team or client, especially if you’re outsourcing work to another country. A good Laravel Developer knows how to communicate effectively with clients even though there may be a language barrier between them, for example, if they are based overseas or speak a different language than yours! This is essential if you want your project completed quickly without any hiccups along the way!
3. Check their coding skills
Great. Now that you’ve found some developers, it’s time to check their coding skills.
You can do this during the interview process by asking them to write a test case for a problem you have. If they can’t do this, then chances are they’re not going to be able to tackle any problems that arise in your project either.
Another way is by asking them to write a small project using Laravel or even fixing bugs in your codebase (provided you have one). The more projects they’ve worked on and the better they are at fixing other people’s bugs will give you an idea of how well they’d work with clients’ real-world problems too!
4. Ask about their availability
- Ask about their availability. This is important to know because it’s one way that you can ensure the developers have time to dedicate to your project. It’s also another way of ensuring they have time to learn and master new functionality as well, which is essential if they plan on maintaining their skillset over time (especially if you plan on working with them long-term).
- If they’re available 24/7, will they be available at all times? Will they be available when you need them most? Or are there certain hours of the day that are more convenient for them?
- How much time do they have each week? Are they able to meet weekly milestones without being interrupted by other projects or commitments outside of work (family obligations, vacations)?
- How much free time do they have during the week and on weekends? Do holidays fall into this category (e.g., business holidays).
5. Ask them about their past projects using Laravel
You should ask the developer to show you a current project they have built using Laravel. The best way to do this is through a screen share session, but if that’s not an option, you can still get the information you need.
Ask them to show you the code behind their most recent project and look at it with them. Look at how they organized it and see if there’s anything that stands out as strange or unusual. If they use PHP namespaces, check to make sure that they are used properly throughout all of their code (this is especially important if you are working with more than one developer). Also, ask about their database structure; does it make sense? You may want to ask for access so that you can see how things were organized on your own (without sharing private information).
6. Ask them about other frameworks they’ve used in the past and if he has been following the updates of these frameworks
You should also ask them about the other frameworks they’ve used in the past and if he has been following the updates of these frameworks. The best developers know how to use a variety of different tools to solve problems, so asking this question can help you gauge their ability as an engineer.
7. Office hour agreement
When you’re hiring a remote development team, in addition to the hours of availability, it’s important to have a clear understanding of when you will be available for meetings. This can be tricky as it involves coordinating time zones and agreeing on what time is considered “the best” for the meeting. However, if you are going to be working with someone remotely, then this becomes even more important because you need to ensure that enough overlap exists in the times that everyone can meet. If there isn’t enough overlap, then either someone will have to wait until another person is available or they’ll have to talk over Skype at an inconvenient time—not very productive!
In addition to establishing an office hour agreement between yourself and your team members, you should also set up times when clients can reach out with questions or concerns regarding their projects. Again, we recommend trying not to have any overlapping times so that no matter who receives the email first or responds first, no one gets left waiting for too long before hearing back from someone else on your team about whatever issue might arise during their collaboration process with each other (as well as possibly being able to work together better).
8. Their salary expectations
- Your first question should be “How much do you want?” Asking this question can help you avoid wasting both time and money. You will likely have a budget in mind and it is important that the candidate’s salary expectations are in line with that budget, but it also should be reasonable and in line with their experience. If a candidate seems too cheap, they might not be able to meet your needs; but if they seem too expensive, they may ask for more than you can afford. Since every company has its own unique set of needs, it is difficult to know what to offer without knowing anything about the candidate or asking them directly about their salary expectations ahead of time.
In order to determine what salary range would be fair for both parties involved (you vs your developer), consider asking for a range instead of an exact number because developers won’t always know how much other companies pay them either! This way both sides will have an idea as opposed to just guessing blindly which may lead one party to feel cheated out over time simply because there was no agreement beforehand.”
Make sure you know exactly what you want from your ideal candidate and ask him all the necessary questions so you can decide if he’s the right fit for your team or not
Knowing the answer to these questions will help you understand if he is familiar with the Laravel framework, as well as how much he has been following updates of other frameworks.
- Has he been following updates on Laravel since it came out?
- Is he familiar with the Laravel framework right now?
We hope that this article has given you a good idea of what to consider when hiring Laravel developers. We know it can be difficult to find the right candidate, but if you follow our advice and do your research, there’s no reason not to be able to find someone who fits your team perfectly!
Interesting Related Article: “How to Recognize an Outstanding Developer in an Interview“