How Do Topstep Funded Accounts Work?
Topstep Funded Accounts are exclusive trading accounts, accessible only to traders who passed Steps 1 & 2 of the Topstep Trading Combine. To participate in the Trading Combine, traders have to subscribe to one of the basic accounts and choose a starting account size – $50k, $100k, or $150k.
As soon as you pass Steps 1 & 2 of the Topstep Trading Combine, you’ll receive a formal invitation to sign the Funded Account Agreement and become a professional trader with Topstep.
With a Topstep Funded Account, you’ll have access to live markets backed by Topstep’s capital. Your monthly subscription for the Trading Combine will be turned off automatically, and you’ll have the option to sign up for data feeds like TSTrader and TradingView, among others.
How Much Can You Earn With A Topstep Funded Account?
After you pass the Trading Combine and get your approved Topstep Funded Account, you get to keep the first $5k you make. After that, you’ll get to keep 90% of the profits you make – Is the Topstep-funded account worth it?
Topstep’s payout policy covers 50% of your total account balance. Keep in mind that before you can claim your profits, you need to accumulate at least five ‘winning days’ (i.e., days where you’ve profited at least $100).
When you accumulate the required winning days, you can claim your payout at any time; keep in mind you’ll need to do this anytime you want to get paid.
To request a payout, you have to fill out a form on the Topstep app. Payouts are approved within 1-2 business days. Payment methods include local bank transfers, SWIFT, deposits to your crypto wallet, and more.
Topstep Trading Combine Account Fees
Before your Topstep Funded Account is approved, you’ll need to choose from one of the three account sizes and pass Steps 1 and 2 of the Trading Combine. Here are the fees, depending on the account size you choose:
- Account Size $50K: $165/month
- Account Size $100K: $325/month
- Account Size $150K: $375/month
The main difference between these accounts is the maximum number of contracts you can have open at any time, ranging from 5 contracts for the $50k account to 15 on the $150k account. Profit Targets and Daily Loss Limits scale proportionally with the account size, so the $50k account is the best option for most traders.
How Long Does It Take To Get Funded On Topstep?
It depends – to pass Step 1 of the Trading Combine, you need at least five winning days, so you can finish that in less than a week. Step 2 of the Trading Combine doesn’t have a minimum number of winning days; instead, you must reach the profit target. At the end of the day, it will depend on how long it takes you to complete the two steps.
We review everything you need to know to pass Steps 1 & 2 in our full TopstepTrader review.
What Are The Fees For The Topstep Funded Account?
After you pass the Topstep Trading Combine, you start being considered a Topstep professional trader, and the fee structure changes slightly. You’ll have the option to access additional research tools for a monthly fee:
- TSTrader & TradingView: $122/month
- All other research platforms: $116/month
With your Topstep Funded Account, you’ll have access to four exchanges (NYMEX, COMEX, CME, & CBOT) and 10+ investing platforms, each with its fee structure.
Anyone can register for a Topstep account and complete the trading combine to get a Topstep Funded Account. There are no special requirements to create an account; you only need your name, a valid address, and banking information to purchase a subscription.
- Visit Topstep Funded Account’s website
- Click Earn Funding
- Select an account
- Fill in some of your basic information
If you use our link to sign up, you’ll have access to a 14-day trial, so you can try out the platform before committing to a monthly plan.
Topstep Funded Account Trustpilot Reviews
Topstep has excellent reviews from its users, with an average rating of 4.5 on Trustpilot. Here’s what some of those users have to say about their Topstep funded account:
- “The goals for each stage are well chosen and very fair. The rules you have to follow make you a better trader daily, and the price for this kind of education is more than just great!.” – Andreas N.
- “Topstep has helped me solidify my trading strategy; they made me more consistent with my trades; with the help of their coaching classes and community, I feel less overwhelmed to trade every day.” – Sergio E.
- “Topstep has created a structure that helps you focus on consistency. Trading futures is never easy, but the structure and the rules help you focus on getting profitable, scaling that profit & pulling back on the days when things aren’t working..” – William L.
- “Top step was a game changer for me and anyone trying to get into the futures markets but still need to fine-tune some things. I truly believe the guidelines and rules they have set up in the combine will help anyone become a profitable trader in the long run..” – Jesus E.
If you are not entirely convinced that this particular trading account is for you, we recommend checking out our comprehensive list of the best funded stock trading accounts.
Topstep is an excellent option for experienced traders looking to leverage their trades and join a community of professional traders. Anyone can qualify for a Topstep Funded Account, and payouts, starting at 90% of whatever profit you make, are very generous compared to the industry average. For those reasons, we recommend Topstep as the best prop trading account in 2023.