Have you decided to switch from iTunes to Android, or are you just using several gadgets at the same time and wondering how to sync your library to enjoy your favorite tracks on all devices? Everything is not as difficult as it seems!
Tired of switching between your iOS smartphone and Android tablet to manually search for tracks? This is a really tedious task. You just want to click on Play to immerse yourself in your favorite tune. This is especially important if you write your own music and need to have your own tracks on hand on any device.
Syncing your iTunes library to Android is seemingly impossible – these apps are not compatible and are not intended to work together. However, there are some quick and easy, albeit not the most obvious, ways to do this.
Apple has limited iTunes downloads for a competing mobile platform, but has retained that option for Apple Music. The first thing to do to transfer your audio library is to install Apple Music for Android. Once downloaded, log in to your account and enjoy your favorite playlists. For reference, a paid subscription costs $ 9.99. Installation process step by step:
- Launch iTunes on your computer and go to Settings.
- Turn on iCloud Music Library in the General tab and click OK.
- Download the Apple Music app.
- Sign in to your Apple account on both devices.
After these simple manipulations, your iTunes library is available on Android.
P.S. Something went wrong and you still can’t find your tracks in iTunes? Check Apple ID on both devices – account information should match. Update attach or make the following settings: go to “Files”, click on the “Library” icon, then – “Update iCloud Music Library“.
Perhaps this is not the fastest and most convenient way, but it is also worth talking about. So, you need to do the following:
- Create a new folder to store files on your desktop.
- Copy the tracks you want to transfer.
- Connect your Android device to PC via USB. You will first need to enable file transfer via the USB cable on your phone.
- Manually transfer files from iTunes to Android storage via the copy / paste function.
The library will not be automatically updated in this case. There is also a risk that album art will not be saved.
Many services have appeared on the mobile application market that help to cope with this task (Heapsoft, iSyncr or doubleTwist). Let’s talk about the process in detail using the example of the last application. DoubleTwist allows you to quickly sync songs, videos and large playlists from iTunes to Android and store them in the memory of your tablet or smartphone.
Follow a few simple steps:
- Install doubleTwist on your PC.
- Activate USB Mass Storage Mode and connect Android to your computer.
- The app will automatically recognize the smartphone and bring up a sync dialog.
- In the application interface, on the Music tab, activate the Sync Music checkbox and select the recordings to download.
- Click on the “Sync Now” button – the transfer of music will begin.
Until the moment when Google Play was not closed, it was possible to transfer music from iTunes to Android using it. But as long as it is possible to use the Apple Music app on smartphones from Google, things are not so bad. Use our suggested methods and enjoy your favorite tracks on all devices.
Interesting Related Article: “Trends In iOS App Development For 2021“