The best network cards are designed to meet the needs of high-performance gaming PCs. They offer the high bandwidth and low latency required for online gaming, as well as support for multiple GPUs and CPU cores. If you’re looking to upgrade your gaming PC, then a 10GB network card is a great option.
- In this blog, we’ve rounded up the best 10GB network cards on the market. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right card for your needs.
What is a Network Card and What Does It Do?
A network card is a piece of hardware that connects your PC to a network, such as an internet or a local area network (LAN). The network card is responsible for sending and receiving data over a network. It also allows your PC to be visible on the network, so other computers and devices can connect to it.
- Network cards come in two main types: Wired network cards and wireless network cards. While both types of network cards perform the same basic functions, a wired network card is typically faster and more reliable.
- 10GB network cards are the fastest type of wired cards on the market, offering speeds up to 10Gbps.
Why Would I Need a 10GB Network Card?
If you’re a serious online gamer, then you need a 10GB network card. 10GB cards are designed for extreme performance and are the only viable option for peak gaming performance. They offer low latency for smooth online gaming and can make the most of the bandwidth your ISP provides.
- These network cards are also ideal for multi-GPU systems and for those who need to transfer large amounts of data. For example, video editors or high-end gamers who stream their gameplay online. A 10GB card can also act as a reliable and secure connection for data centres and other large businesses.
Top 04 10GB Network Cards
- ASUS XG-C100C: The ASUS XG-C100C is a PCIe 3.0 card that offers up to 10Gbps of bandwidth and low latency. It is compatible with Windows 10 and features a range of features, including AI overclocking, adaptive frequency technology and Intel Ethernet surge preproduction.
- TP-Link 10GBase-T: The TP-Link 10GBase-T is a Cat6A network card that supports speeds of up to 10Gbps. It is compatible with Windows and macOS and features a range of advanced features, including multithreading, adaptive flow technology and support for up to four GPUs.
- StarTech Low-Profile 10GBase-T: The StarTech Low-Profile 10GBase-T is a low-profile PCIe x4 network card that supports 10Gbps speeds and features a range of advanced features, such as RLMT+ technology and multithreading support. It is compatible with a range of operating systems.
- Asus XG-C105C: The Asus XG-C105C is a PCIe 3.0 card that offers up to 10Gbps of bandwidth and low latency. It supports up to four GPUs and is compatible with Windows 10.
How to Install a 10GB Network Card
Installing a 10GB network card is a fairly straightforward process. First, you need to ensure that your PC is compatible with the card, as some cards can only be used with specific models.
- You will also need to check the minimum requirements of the card, such as the type of slot you need, the power requirements and the operating systems it supports.
- Once you’ve checked these requirements, you can insert the card into the appropriate slot on your PC and secure it with the provided screw and screwdriver.
- Once installed, you can then connect your PC to the network using an Ethernet cable. You will then need to install the network card’s drivers and configure the settings in your Operating System.
A 10GB network card is a great way to upgrade your gaming PC and get the best out of your online gaming experience. They offer faster speeds and lower latency than regular network cards, as well as support for multiple GPUs and CPU cores.
In this blog, we’ve rounded up the best 10GB network cards on the market to help you choose the right card for your needs. Finally, we’ve explained how to correctly install a 10GB network card so you can get up and running quickly. For more details, click here.
You may be interested in: Choosing an Internet Provider? Here’s How to Get Started