When you are using SEO link building services, content is going to be a big part of a link building strategy.
Creating High-Quality Content
In order for SEO link building services to work, you will need to have high-quality content. A writing service like Grammarly for Business can help you create clear and engaging content for your audience. Individuals and businesses are always going to be in search of quality material to link to so that there is value for their website visitors. Many people won’t just link to a shopping cart, product page, or homepage. There is a difference between creating top-notch articles and blogs that are geared toward helping you build an authoritative link to your website and content that is just stuffed with links and keywords.
In order to create high-quality content, you need content that provides accurate information, is well researched, speaks to your target audience, is impeccably written, uses supplemental videos, graphics, and images when appropriate, and is up to date when you publish it.
Different Types of Content for Link Building
There are many different content types that you can use for link building, depending on your website and your target audience.
- Case Studies: If you are doing great work then use this to your advantage and tell the world about it. Many others love to know how their peers go about work and there is a lot of information that can be learned from a well laid out case study. Once you begin to share a case study then you won’t struggle to earn links from different industry publications. The case study should be data-driven, detailed, and insightful in order to get the most out of it.
- Expert Contributions: Chances are at least one expert will work at your business. Many businesses have multiple ones to draw expertise from when creating content. Journalists will usually need to utilize a specialist in order to add weight to their articles and this can be beneficial for a backlink.
- Interviews: Interviews can be time-consuming, but if you can interview industry experts and add them to your blog, this can be a good way to get some links. When doing an interview, focus questions on topics that your audience has a genuine interest in so that you can get the most shares.
- Long-Form Guides: Long-form content will usually add more value to a topic and contains information that many people want to link to. The first step in putting together a guide is knowing the questions your audience has. This way, you are able to develop the answers to these questions and be a resource for the audience.
- Expert Roundups: An expert roundup may not be as effective as it once was but it can still be a cost-effective way to get a link from a specialist or blogger. If you are able to encourage different experts to contribute something to the roundup then there will be a good chance they will link back. Make sure that you stay relevant in order to make this worthwhile.
- Infographics: Infographics are still great for link building but aren’t as great as they once were since so many low-quality infographics made the rounds a few years ago. You will need to develop something that truly stands out before a publisher wants to consider linking out to it.
- Local PR: It’s important not to ignore local publications. Local online publications can be a great place to land news coverage and contribute expert guidance and advice with a regular column.
- White papers: If you are able to conduct your own research and create a white paper, this can be one of the best ways to earn industry-specific links. The reason is that you are adding value and some new insight into the topic. White papers usually work better for B2B companies instead of B2C but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. For example, if you sell beds then you may want to conduct some research into sleep habits. You can team up with a local university to make it easier to research a topic.
- Surveys: Surveys can be expensive but they give you something that no other company will have: unique data. If you are able to create content based on your survey results then your content is going to be more attractive to industry publications, newspapers, and other outlets.
Interesting Related Article: “How Can No-follow Backlinks Improve Your Site’s Ranking?“