Vehicle Accident damages in California

Vehicle accidents can result in a loss of money and several injuries. Apart from that they also can give anxiety, depression, and stress. Being injured after a car accident can make it hard for you to attend work and cope with all the problems involved in a vehicle accident.

Car accident awareness image 454444

If you are among those suffering from a car injury, unable to work, and in need of money, you need to contact a car accident lawyer. With the proper procedure, a lawyer can help you get compensation for your damage.

California is a wonderful place with vast infrastructure but with traffic problems that are commonly present. The roadside accidents have affected the lives of many people, especially if you live in a big city like San Diego. However, with the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer in San Diego or an employment lawyer in San Diego, you have the chance of winning your claim and getting compensation for the accident you were involved in.

Get the Detailed Guidelines

The attorneys or lawyers provide detailed guidelines to their clients regarding the claims. Vehicle accidents not only bring damage to vehicles but it can also leave the drivers with a lifelong injury too. In some cases, damage to property has been reported.

If you have been involved in a car accident, the California vehicle accident allows you to get compensation for severe damages you had experienced. First of all, you need to make sure that the accident happened due to negligence of the other driver. Then, you should hire a lawyer for all the legal procedures, as he would deal with your case in a better way. After that, it is important you calculate an estimate of the damage in order to file for compensation.

If the accident did occur due to negligence of the other party, you have a 100% chance to get full compensation for damage. While in case there is 10% or more chance it was your negligence, you have a chance of getting compensation of 90%.

Whether you are claiming for the insurance amount or the full legal claim for the damage of your vehicle and the medical expenses, everything is evaluated by the court. The law specifies the claim for compensation of damage and the duration of the validity of the claim.

Economic and Non-Economic Damage

The California law clearly states vehicle damage as economic and non-economic damage. The damage to property, repair, and replacement of vehicle parts, medical expenses, and loss of job due to injury, all fall in the category of economic damage. While the emotional stress, anxiety, and loss of companionship fall into the non-economic damage.

Limitation for Claim

Although the California law provides full support regarding your right for compensation on damage, there is some limitation too. For non-economic claim make sure that your vehicle whether it is a car, motorcycle, bus or truck, has insurance. A non-insured driver doesn’t have the right to claim for non-economic damage.

The second thing you need to know is to make a claim for the damage within two years of physical damage. The limit for claiming damage to property is up to 3 years. Make sure you claim for the damage compensation within the three years.

Get Legal Advice

If you have encountered any accident that brought you both mental and financial instability, you have the right to claim for compensation. The California law provides you with a legal platform to get your rights. In any such situation, contact a professional lawyer or attorney near you to help you get through the situation. Several renowned professionals are providing their services for such cases. Even some of them give free advice to clients.

Interesting Related Article: “What is a Lawyer?