SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimisation which nowadays plays an important role than ever. Every web manager requires an SEO company so as to know and understand the actual meaning of search engine optimisation as well as the various views it creates for every business.
Search Engine Optimisation, abbreviated as SEO, is a group of techniques aimed at boosting a site’s appearence on search engines and also enhancing the site’s search engine ranking.
It is also considered to be a framework since the whole procedure has a number of instructions, guidelines and protocols, as well as stages and a set of controls.
SEO helps millions of users find the right answers to their questions or feedback to their queries.
Search engine optimisation is not just about search engines. Good search engine optimisation practices enhance the user experience and serviceability of a website. Search engine optimisation has become widely accepted as an online marketing strategy because of its good service to the consumer.
How to vet an SEO Company
There are a lot of benefits of hiring an SEO agency in Bangalore such as freeing up more time for you to focus on running your business. Using an SEO agency will provide you with an improved website and better user experience and also help u improve your rankings on search engines such as Google, Bing, and yelp.
To achieve this, the very first step is to choose a reliable SEO Company. Here are a few tips when it comes to choosing a reliable company, a few of them are mentioned below:
- Define your SEO Goals: If you want to pick the right team for the job, the very first step is figuring out all the areas of your online presence that need to be improved. You will, perhaps, need a new website or a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tool to show you where you’re going wrong. Maintain a proper analysis of digital marketing at all times while you are choosing the areas of improvement. The idea is to use tools that help you focus on area that need to be improved. Almost every agency has this data and will facilitate you with identifying the areas are required to focus on.
- Find an SEO Company that tracks your data: Your business requires the very best solutions and for that you need a good Search Engine Optimisation firm to track all of your data. Data such as phone calls, contact forms, site visits, click through rates, etc are monitored and tracked by this digital marketing agency in Bangalore. This continuous tracking actually mitigates any risk of failing to target your consumers. After tracking this data, you can easily choose the right strategies for your company so as to achieve the best results.
- Get SEO Company reviews, case studies and testimonials: Getting reviews from others is one of the best ways to get honest yet unbiased opinions about your company. You have to have a reputable agency that reads these reviews and opinions. With this information you will get to know how audiences feel about your business. You can read reviews easily by searching on sites like Google, Yelp and also Glassdoor.
If you want to know more then you can ask for case studies from the agency by calling them or by filling up a form online. This way you can find out the true capability of the company. Another way is that you can request for a reference. A good agency must be able to connect you with a current client so that you can find out their experience with the agency.
- Schedule a consultation: No matter how far you are from the Search Engine Optimisation firm, be it a block away or miles away, you can ask for a consultation and should reply back fairly quickly. The agency will carry out research on your industry and focus sector and assist you with some strategies which they have used on previous clients. This consultation generally helps in getting to know the type of people in their team and the level of passion and creativity they work on.
It is very necessary to have a trusting relation with your SEO agency, so you must use this opportunity to see how well you’re in tune with them. This will help you understand what they are explaining, their attitude, whether or not they are overselling it and also whether or not they are passionate about their work.
- Define your SEO Budget: Planning the budget is also very important. You must plan your whole budget way before you invest in a service that you can’t afford. The best way is to know about all the package deals and price ranges so that you know whether or not it falls in your price range. Most SEO companies have a wide range of monthly packages which makes it easier for you to choose a package that you are comfortable with. You must know your original goal so as to choose a proper package.
Sometimes it is easier to know what you should avoid, rather than what you should look for.
Few of the mistakes to avoid while choosing an SEO Company:
- Falling for shiny SEO presentations: All of us are aware of the phrase “don’t judge a book by its cover”, Which applies here also. There are a lot of digital marketing agencies with beautiful, high-tech marketing pitches for you to solely seek your attention but they don’t have any core work which is the actual requirement. Try to avoid falling for these shiny SEO presentations.
- Falling for “secret sauce” pitches: There is absolutely no “secret sauce” to SEO. The proper documentation of how to succeed in SEO is available to find for all.
- Choosing a cheap SEO agency: “You get what you pay for”. Enough said.
- Choosing a local SEO company just because they are local: A great advantage about SEO is that you can work from anywhere, so it is not necessary to choose a local SEO. However, don’t work with a foreign SEO company unless you want to do marketing in that country.
- Not doing your research: As mentioned above, you must conduct thorough research about the company and read up on case studies. Read all the online reviews. Browse their blog.
No matter whether you’re looking for local SEO agencies in Bangalore or an enterprise solution, choosing the right company is very important. As these SEO partnerships are long-term, you must be sure of who you are choosing.
Rtn Bala Kumaran is the CEO and Founder of BrandStory who writes for a variety of online publications. He loves writing about SEO, Digital Marketing, Data and Emerging Technologies. He is a mentor and speaker in various events. He is a Mentor to many startup’s and speaks at various events on Data, Marketing and entrepreneurship!