People usually don’t give much thought to the industrial machines or equipment that do the heavy lifting for businesses. It’s easy to take these things for granted, including their uses and benefits. But, these tools are just as important as the computers or programs that have become so valuable for business growth and success in this day and age.
Industrial equipment, otherwise referred to as working machinery, is any machine that’s used in industrial processes. Some of the processes that require industrial equipment are found in manufacturing, construction, and other industrial businesses.
Although they may not be obvious immediately, there are numerous benefits associated with having your own industrial equipment. Here are some of them:
- Efficient production process: Industrial equipment makes the production process more efficient. This includes supervision of the entire process, right down to the final product. There’s no guesswork involved in all the aspects of the production cycle. For example, you can use sophisticated machinery to manufacture intricate parts. All you need to do is program the machinery, and the rest will be handled by the engineers.
- More cost savings: Most of the time, large-scale industrial equipment is required because of the heavy lifting required versus the number of workers employed by the company. However, small-scale industrial equipment is also very useful. It has many advantages over large-scale equipment. Small machines tend to consume less energy and they can also be used for multiple tasks. Therefore, it’s important to choose the right industrial equipment for your business’s needs.
- Safety and durability: When it comes to heavy industrial equipment, there are different types to choose from. It’s important to look out for ruggedness when buying machinery for your business. Industrial equipment made of aluminum or steel usually scores better than those made of other materials. Such materials are strong enough to bear the impact of continuous manufacturing processes without getting damaged. This not only ensures reduced injuries or accidents but also saves a lot of money as repairs and replacements will be far cheaper.
- Easy to maintain: When purchasing industrial equipment, it’s essential to find machines that require little or no maintenance. Although most companies today are busy replacing older equipment with modern machines that require less maintenance, it’s also best to invest in efficient ones that aren’t complicated to operate.
One of the most popular industrial equipment is lifting magnets. You can learn more about industrial lifting magnets at https://magnetized.com/blogs/news/industrial-lifting-magnets.
What Are Industrial Lifting Magnets?
A lifting magnet is a special kind of permanent magnetic device capable of creating a stronger electric-magnetic field than a regular magnet. It’s usually used in different industries to lift heavy objects. In the past, lifting magnets weren’t used that much because it was very difficult to make them strong enough to lift heavy objects. However, certain permanent magnetic generators are now available that make use of such strength-driven magnets.
Here’s how lifting magnets work:
- Lifting magnets work in a way that they create a huge electrostatic charge around the object that needs to be lifted. This charge then charges the object and makes it much easier for the magnets to lift it into place.
- While all these happen within the vicinity of a permanent magnetic generator, the magnetism created by these machines differs when placed close to each other. This means that the strength of the magnetic field created by the machine depends on how far apart the magnets are when placed.
- Some permanent magnets may be turned on and off permanently. This is one of the reasons why you will see such a large variety of lifting magnets in the modern market.
Types Of Lifting Magnets?
Industrial lifting magnets are one of the most useful pieces of equipment that businesses can invest in. Companies depend on these to lift heavy objects from one location to another.
Before, industries only used heavy machines and pulleys to help move heavy objects, such as pieces of wood or metal. However, with the invention of industrial lifting magnets, it’s now possible to safely lift heavy things. Now, industries utilize more than just industrial lifting magnets; they also make use of special attachments to help them perform specific tasks easier.
To get the best results, businesses need to use the right type of industrial lifting magnets.
There are two main kinds of industrial lifting magnets. One is the permanent device that’s commonly used in industries. This is the most common type of industrial lifting magnet. A permanent device makes use of a powerful magnet to attach a weight to a frame. The device has a coil on the top of the frame, which is responsible for keeping the weight steady.
On the other hand, there are temporary devices that are used in certain instances. However, the temporary devices aren’t that efficient and effective compared to the permanent ones. Temporary devices, such as portable ladders, make use of the most basic form of industrial lifting magnets. The most efficient use of this kind of device would be the magnetic bars.
What Are The Benefits Of Industrial Lifting Magnets?
There are many different benefits that an industrial lifting magnet can bring to your business. Understanding the advantages of using industrial lifting magnets will help you decide whether these are the tools that you need.
One is their capability to allow people to work at higher altitudes. Since they can capture more weight without the use of mechanical materials, lifting magnets can help make people more efficient when lifting heavy objects. This is made possible by the magnetic force created by the magnets working together with the metallic frame.
Another benefit of the industrial lifting magnets is that they’re capable of maintaining a stable working distance, even without supervision. This is made possible because the working distance of the machine doesn’t change despite the distance that’s between the two machines. It’s because the magnets provide an internal magnetic field that keeps the machine running smoothly.
The permanent magnets also come in different colors, which allows them to be used as marking systems for identification purposes.
The strength of these magnets can vary according to the amount of power supplied to them. This is why businesses must ensure that they’re using an industrial lifting magnet that’s powerful enough to meet the required performance level.
What Businesses Use Industrial Lifting Magnets?
Many industries use lifting magnets in their daily operations. These include industries that manufacture, transport, store, and distribute most of the goods in the world. Some of these industries use them for specific purposes, but all of them can see increased profits when they adopt this technology.
- Manufacturing: Magnets are used a lot in the manufacturing industry, especially in large-scale productions. Magnets are essential in this industry because the nature of the load being moved requires it to be moved extremely quickly. Lifting this type of load up and over obstacles can take several hours without the proper tools. With the use of the proper equipment, however, all of this can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Storage And Warehouses: Magnets are also used in warehouses and storage facilities. A standard warehouse is covered with many types of heavy materials that can be lifted with ease with a lifting magnet.
- Mining: Many industries use this type of technology because it makes the process of moving heavy objects much faster. They can work with more machines as well because they don’t need to spend valuable time moving these objects regularly. This saves valuable time and money, which ultimately means more profits for the companies involved.
- Shipping: Shipping companies need to be efficient in the way that they transport products. Many companies use overhead cranes to lift heavy objects. However, lifting heavy materials via crane equipment is very inefficient and can cause workers unnecessary injuries.
- Construction And Hauling: Construction sites are another place where lifting magnets are commonly utilized. There are many construction projects and hauling services that require workers to lift heavy materials onto their shoulders. Hauling and construction jobs often require workers to lug heavy loads over rough surfaces. This causes strains and bruises that can lead to injury if proper safety measures aren’t followed.
- Transportation: The transportation industry is also one of the most common industries that use lifting magnets for their transportation needs. Many trucks, buses, and other vehicles use this method of moving heavy loads around because of its massive strength. Lifting a heavy object from one location to another is much easier with magnets than it would be with the traditional metal bars used in the past.
Numerous other industries use lifting magnets to help their employees and customers. It only makes sense that they would want to use such a method to reduce the risk of injury while maximizing efficiency and productivity.
As you can see, industrial lifting magnets have a lot of advantages to offer. This has resulted in the increased use of lifting magnets by both private and public organizations. There are plenty of ways that industries use lifting magnets for their daily operations. These magnets work to provide better productivity and safety for employees as they strive to get their jobs done. For many companies, the use of magnets has allowed them to continue operating, while providing a safer environment for everyone.
Interesting Related Article: “Modular Storage Systems vs. Static Shelving: Which is Better For Industrial Application“