Having your office cleaned professionally has many advantages. Working in an office that is not clean, with overflowing trash cans and floors that have not been swept or mopped in days, can adversely affect the morale of all employees. On the other hand, a clean office offers much more sanitary conditions that will be reflected in happier employees and fewer sick days.
Hiring a team of professional office cleaners means you can establish a cleaning plan that will work for your particular spaces and cover your cleaning needs. Here is what it may include:
From your reception area to every foot of office space, a daily cleaning schedule should include:
- Vacuuming all floors and carpets
- Mopping hard floors
- Emptying trash cans and cleaning them
- Dusting all furniture
- Removing fingerprints from light switches and door handles and frames
- Cleaning glass doors and all internal glass
- Polishing any brass and hardware on doors and cabinets
- Spotting cleaning painted surfaces
- Collecting and removing all garbage
- Ensuring all areas are clean and neat
Bathroom and Kitchen Daily Cleaning
Bathrooms and kitchens, as well as break rooms and employee lounges, deserve a special cleaning treatment. They are areas that may encourage the spread of germs, and their cleaning should be particularly meticulous, even if no food is prepared there. Here is the list of cleaning actions that should be included in these areas:
- Clean and sanitize toilets
- Clean and polish mirrors
- Dust partitions and frames
- Empty wastebaskets and receptacles, wipe as needed, replace liners
- Mop all floors with disinfectant
- Vacuum all hard floors
- Dust all furniture
- Wipe chairs and tables
- Clean internal glass windows and doors
- Restock toilet tissues, facial tissues, hand soap, hand towels
- Remove garbage from all areas
Larger items and deeper cleaning should be performed once a week. Among these tasks, you can find:
- Hardwood floors should be polished and buffed.
- Windows should be cleaned inside and out. However, outside cleaning of windows may not be practical to perform so frequently.
Monthly tasks are more specialized and deeper and should be limited to items that can be put on hold for thirty days without affecting the overall environment of the office. These tasks include:
- Vacuuming air vents
- Vacuuming fabric on furniture, chairs, and sofas
- Dusting the highest surfaces, ceiling fans, and skylights
- Special cleaning projects for specific items in your particular workspace
Benefits of Commercial Office Cleaning Services
There are many benefits to having professional office cleaning services in charge of the cleaning of your office areas. To begin with, you and your employees will enjoy consistently clean and sanitary work environments. Trying to implement a cleaning routine among your employees means that you will have to take them away from their daily activities, and cleaning the office is not the reason why they were hired. You want their skills better put to use.
Also, having a professional office cleaning service do the cleaning means that the job will be performed to your exacting standards and there will not be unpleasant surprises with items that did not get cleaned, the garbage that has accumulated, or windows that are too grimy to let the sunlight in. Most importantly, you send a message to all employees that you care about them and their health and wellbeing.
Interesting Related Article: “5 Tips For Office Cleaning During Covid“