Sailpoint Architecture is one of the top governance-based identity management systems that help companies to lessen IT costs, mitigate risks, and guarantee compliance. The Sailpoint IdentityIQ software provides the companies with better visibility and commands over sensitive information and smoothens the process of granting access and process delivery.
Considering its infinite benefits and the recent technological advancements, a career in Sailpoint is sure to provide stable and remunerative job opportunities. If you go as per the multiple openings listed on various online job portals a Sailpoint Architecture job can provide lucrative salaries.
1. About Sailpoint Architecture
Sailpoint is working hard to maintain its reputation as a pioneer in the maritime industry. Effective identification controls have a positive impact on compliance, security, and productivity, among other things. It is a cutting-edge identity management solution that eliminates the expense and difficulty of complying with rules while still granting users access to the resources they need.
Traditional identity management addresses each of these fields separately and frequently employs a diverse range of disjointed products. While other companies offer a variety of solutions, IdentityIQ provides a single solution built on a shared identity governance framework.
This enables access-related behaviours to be adopted systematically using enterprise, security policy, role, and risk models, among other avenues of implementation. Mentioned below are the components that are present in SailPoint IdentityIQ Architecture to streamline security monitoring, access certification, and end-to-end account demand and provisioning procedures.
2. Components of Sailpoint Architecture
The design of SailPoint IdentityIQ is composed mostly of four major components, which are as follows:
- Compliance Manager
- Lifecycle Manager
- Governance platform
- User provisioning
2.1 Compliance Manager
Compliance Manager from SailPoint streamlines and automates routine administration tasks such as data collection, reporting, and auditing, while also improving items like data protection and access certification.
Compliance Manager supports in concentrating regulations on the systems, privileged access, and people who constitute a substantial risk to the organization. Moreover, it aids in prioritizing the most critical compliance duties.
- It prevents and identifies improper violations of business policies and accessibility requirements in a proactive manner.
- It assists in the effective management of risk and enforcement during acquisitions and mergers.
When access permissions are checked on a regular interval to maintain that they all conform with policy criteria and are acceptable for the user’s job function, it is a commonly utilized tool. For access certifications, the most typical applications include executive security and regulatory enforcement.
IdentityIQ Access Certifications consolidate and equate interpersonal skill data all over assets into business and rich subject matter, making it possible for company members to read what they’re certifying. IdentityIQ Access Certifications are available now.
- Streamlining certification activities is made possible with proactive attention paid to high-risk procedures and users.
- Certification options such as event-triggered certification, continuous certification, and periodic certification are all supported.
Users’ access rights can be validated and analyzed consistently, as well as monitored and recorded, to verify that their communications systems are in accordance with their job tasks.
There are several different detectives and protective measures that are used to verify that the organization satisfies all of the policy requirements automatically.
Organizational security and compliance with regulatory requirements are enhanced through the use of Policy Management, which lowers risk while improving organizational security and compliance with regulatory standards.
- IdentityIQ policy model, which depicts users’ entitlements and duties in connection to multiple policy ranges, has been improved with the addition of this feature.
- Monitoring, analytics, monitoring, and identity risk scores are all used to keep track of and maintain regulatory compliance.
Violations are identified early on, and the offending access is instantly removed and diverted for further investigation and investigation.
Audit Reporting and Analytics:
A thorough understanding of audit analytics and reporting is available through IdentityIQ, providing insight into the effectiveness of regulatory oversight in cloud-based applications and across the company.
- As well as the ability to acquire instant visibility into regulatory and legal procedures across the enterprise, the system provides configurable and rich displays as at-a-glance diagrams.
- Permits for tailored, direct queries within GRC apps as well as third-party reporting, which improves the sophistication of complex enforcement analytics.
Corporate regulation controls, such as policy violations, risk measurements, and remediation operations, are demonstrated through the use of comprehensive graphing and post reports. You can Learn more about it here: SailPoint Course
- It is particularly well suited for specialized workflows that are concentrated on a single individual. IIQ understands the humiliation and difficulties that employees face when they use it. With the IIQ developer, you can create any process that you desire.
- Associated structures, such as Active Directory and other enterprise databases, can be linked together.
- Its user interface can be customized to a great extent.
2.2 Lifecycle Manager
This next-generation, market-leading solution is built on more than a decade of best practices, skills, and knowledge to raise your identification software to the highest level possible. The IdentityIQ platform of Sailpoint Architecture is used by many of the world’s largest and most diversified companies to address their most pressing governance difficulties and challenges. In addition to addressing the constraints of first-generation technology and manual provisioning procedures, Sailpoint Architecture provides a stable and expandable interface to ensure that your demands are met both now and in the future.
IdentityIQ is responsible for the management of all identities during their full existence. In the event that an identity (i.e. human) enters an enterprise, IdentityIQ can perform birthright provisioning (depending on workplace type/role) to the necessary applications and programs.
Automated event notifications may result in configuration management and de-provisioning queries as individuals change positions within the organization, guaranteeing that they have the opportunity to request access for their current role while also ensuring that any access that is no longer possible is either disabled or deleted. In the event of an employee’s departure, an automated workflow can be configured to remove accounts and notify administrators so that access can be transferred if necessary.
Benefits of Automated Identity Lifecycle Management
- Keeping the danger to a minimum
Defining the conditions that will govern what people should ask for and what they should do based on their positions in the company. Because of Lifecycle Manager, users have access to the appropriate tools for the appropriate tasks. Using IdentityIQ Compliance Manager, organizations can close the loop by conducting routine certification campaigns, access checks, and getting sufficient independent audits from beginning to end on individual needs, offering a better understanding of who has access to whom, when and where access was granted, and how the access was granted.
- Keeping the IT Helpdesk’s workload and costs to a bare minimum
End users should be responsible for their own permission requests, which relieves IT companies of a significant amount of labor. Through IdentityIQ, business users can seek full self-service access, while IT managers have complete control over the level of access that business users are allowed to request. IdentityIQ may be configured to create self-service portals and to streamline the process of requesting and granting access to on-premises and cloud services through the use of a flexible workflow architecture.
- Increase the effectiveness of your operations.
In an organization, automated provisioning automates the business processes of authorizing, updating, and revoking access to users during their time with the company, whether another user is a worker, consultant, or business partner. Using a large library of direct connections for programs such as Workday and SAP, as well as synchronization with IT service management platforms such as ServiceNow, changes in user access may be provisioned dynamically in real-time.
- Policy Management is Automated
Utilizing the comprehensive policy engine of IdentityIQ Compliance Manager, you will identify separation of duties (SoD) policies and other policy concepts that will allow you to maintain compliance with internal policies and federal regulations while using IdentityIQ Lifecycle Manager in conjunction with IdentityIQ Compliance Manager. A rigorous policy definition can be constructed to avoid toxic accessing pairings (for example, Payables vs. Receivable Accounts: ensure that the ones who consume checks cannot also write checks in order to reduce the possibility of fraud). Alternatively, managers may design policies that encourage them to make exceptions when necessary.
- Incorporation of Privileged Access Management systems (PAM)
The IdentityIQ PAM Integration Module integrates with existing PAM solutions to increase security and reduce risks by granting you complete access and control over your privileged accounts. It is designed to work in conjunction with existing PAM solutions. It is possible to control and regulate privileged identities and their underlying access with the help of the PAM module when used in combination with IdentityIQ Lifecycle Manager. This allows for more consistent governance. The certification of privileged and conventional access will be performed by administrators. Additionally, by simplifying the lifetime management of possible security access in compliance with best standards, the PAM module helps to greater efficiency.. When SailPoint launched its PAM module, it was a significant step toward establishing an industry practice for interconnection between PAM and Identity Governance solutions. This module allows for straightforward integration with the vast majority of PAM solutions currently available on the market.
- Integration with Identity Governance is a must.
SailPoint SecurityIQ enhances the SailPoint identity governance framework by regulating access to sensitive data across all applications and files. This provides a more robust approach across all applications and files. SecurityIQ offers advanced identity leadership by identifying sensitive data and instituting access controls, as well as true awareness, in order to optimize safety, ameliorate policing risks, and encourage improved performance across on-again and cloud storage systems, among other things.
2.3 Platform for governing
SailPoint Cloud Governance discovers and protects all of your cloud platforms and services, allowing you to focus on running your business. It uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to automatically learn, monitor, and secure access while without interfering with your business operations.
- View who has access to the multi-cloud infrastructure, as well as what resources they have available to them.
- Keep track of any unauthorized or unneeded access to your systems.
- Increase the level of cloud resource protection.
3. The following are some of the services that SailPoint can provide.
1) Increase Productivity – Users would be able to do their tasks immediately and from any location, if they had automated, intuitive access.
2) Improve the performance of information technology – By automating routine provisioning, you can free up your team’s time to focus on high-impact IT projects.
3) The prevention of human mistakes – Typos are eliminated thanks to automated provisioning that is focused on enforcement and security regulations.
4) Keeping risks to a bare minimum – Reduce the risks associated with protection and enforcement by ensuring that adequate least privilege access is maintained at all times.
5) Keep track of all access – Discover the complete picture of all account access and entitlements across all companies.
6) Confirm clearances and access rights – Detailed audit trails can provide evidence of how access was managed during times of transition.
Through this SailPoint architecture Blog, we have learned many important features about its component functionalities, such as how to decrease risk by setting policies, increasing efficiency, auditing reports and analytics, privilege management, automated provisioning, and so forth.
I’m Sudheer Kuragayala, an enthusiastic Digital Marketer and content writer working at UnitedSkill.com. I wrote articles on trending IT-related topics such as Artificial intelligence, Cloud Technologies, Business Tools, and Softwares. You can reach me on Linkedin: Sudheer Kuragayala