For a long time, projectors occupied a central place showing content to multiple viewers, with the arrival of LED Panels there was a leap in technology and the improvements were remarkable:
- Size, the first thing we notice is that projectors have a standard projection size, while LEDs have a configuration that allows them to adopt any screen size.
- Resolution and brightness, there are projectors that reproduce 4K image quality, but with very little brightness, requiring practically dark environments, while LED technology reproduces images in 4K and with a higher brightness than the previous ones in well-lit environments.
- Lifetime, projectors depend on the projection lamp and can have a life of up to 6,000 hours, with a fairly high power consumption, this does not happen with LED screens that have a low power consumption and up to 100,000 hours of use.
Why use an LED wall instead of projectors?
As we have been saying, LED walls offer consistent advantages in reference to projectors, being more specific we can present the following advantages between both technologies:
- Image quality is very important when projecting content, although projectors reach resolutions up to 4K, they need a dark surface and a dimly lit environment to provide that image quality, however the LED video wall project the content by themselves even in well-lit environments, obtaining a sharp image and high contrast, with well-defined black tones.
- The size does matter when making presentations to a large audience, as we said, the projectors are limited to the screen that points to your gun and for this, there can be no obstacles between the screen and the projector, instead, the big LED screen does not have these drawbacks, its modular configuration allows them to reach any size, depending on the space available, being that the image emerges from the screens themselves, allowing a presenter to be in front of them without interrupting the content.
- They achieve a higher level of sharpness than projectors because they do not depend on the environment, thanks to their brightness of up to 600 nits.
- Also, the lifetime of these LED modular reaches 100,000 hours, even with continuous use over extended periods, and with reduced energy consumption, in contrast to projectors that only reach 6,000 hours of playback, before having to replace the lamp.
- Maintenance is an important factor when choosing between these two technologies, and this is where we see that this technology offer better performance, because the replacement of a panel does not have a high cost and its maintenance and cleaning are simple and economical, unlike projectors that require a more continuous change of its light bulb at a high cost and the replacement of any part needs an investment of time and money.
- When looking at the results that each technology offers, it is clear that the viewer is more attracted to the screen for the type of image they can produce, with more vivid colors, a resolution of up to 4K, with deeper black tones and without having to be at such great distances from your screen to enjoy your content, in this aspect the projectors are at a disadvantage, for the image quality they can offer, sharpness, contrast and also by the distance of projection and the environment they need for their reproduction.
- Another factor to take into account is its acquisition cost, although LED displays is a little more expensive than projectors, they offer a much higher performance and maintenance and cheaper spare parts, added to this, their low consumption, when used, makes them an ideal choice to enjoy the visual content that can be reproduced.
- We can add as a point in favor that they also offer the same performance both indoors and outdoors, something that projectors can not give, although indoors they need certain environmental conditions to offer their best quality, outdoors this diminishes greatly by daylight, leaving a better response during the night but without reaching its full potential.
How to use indoor and outdoor LED walls
While we were talking about the differences and advantages that bring LED technology to the projectors that were being used, now we can address some examples where the LED Screen are gaining ground over the latter:
- Churches adopted this technology when interacting with their congregation because of the facilities it offers, the environment in which they take place, and the image quality that these screens transmit.
- Commercial advertising spaces are the most visible market where Big LED Screens are occupying a preferential place, capturing the attention of the people around them with screens full of color, brightness, sharpness, and unparalleled image.
- Stadiums or sports centers also adopt this technology for the image quality and readability offered by these screens at great distances, allowing spectators to follow every detail of the development of the event.
- Airports also use these screens to provide passengers with the detailed information they need to find their way around their flights, arrivals, and departures.
- Television channels and meeting rooms in various offices opt for LED screens to present information in more detail and without the problem of interrupting the projection of the cannon when in front of the screens explaining their content.
The best LED screen companies to upgrade your technology
Whenever you are looking for where to purchase this technology, Mirackle is one of the leading companies in the market, as they produce the best quality LED Panels and their products are the most marketed. They offer:
- Personalized advice service to answer all your questions and thus acquire the product you are looking for.
- Financing plans of all kinds.
- Free shipping in the U.S.
- Permanent stock and shipment with turn-key system protection and continuous tracking of the package.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair or replacement, if necessary.
- All products are warranted for up to 3 years.
Interesting Related Article: “Tips and Tricks for choosing the best LED Screen Supplier“