If you’re looking to digitise your paper documents, working with a local document scanning company can be a convenient, efficient, and cost-effective solution. Let’s explore some important things to look for when choosing a scanning company, whether you’re looking for document scanning in London or in the rural depths of Scotland.
- Expertise: It’s important to look for a company with experience in document scanning, and a proven record of delivering high-quality results suitable for your standards. Ask for references if possible, and check the company’s reputation online by looking at their Google reviews and social media.
- Equipment: Make sure that the company you choose has the right equipment for your needs, including high-speed, high-quality scanners, OCR software, and compatibility with your document management system. Ask about the company’s scanning process, including image quality and resolution, so that you can be sure that the results are up to your professional and personal standards.
- Data Security: Your scanned documents will likely contain sensitive information, so it’s crucial that you choose a company that takes data security seriously. Ask about the company’s data protection policies, including data encryption, access control, and backup and recovery processes. This is even more important if the documents that you’re having scanned only exist in a single copy.
- Customer Service: Working with a local document scanning company can be a more personal experience than working with a larger, international provider, but it’s important that you see eye-to-eye. Look for a company that values customer service, and is responsive to your needs and questions.
- Pricing: Document scanning can be a surprisingly expensive process, so it’s important to compare prices, ideally getting quotes from several different local services. Look for a company that provides clear pricing, with no hidden fees or nasty surprises – again, this should be clear from their customer reviews.
- Flexibility: Your document scanning needs may change over time, so you want to look for a company that’s flexible and can accommodate your ever-changing requirements. Ask about the company’s ability to scale its services as your needs change, and whether they can handle different types of documents, such as maps, blueprints, and photographs, depending on what you predict you may need scanning.
- Turnaround: It’s important that you consider the time it takes for the company to digitise your documents, especially if you have a tight deadline. Ask about the company’s typical turnaround time, and whether they can provide fast-track services if needed.
- Quality Control: It’s natural that all scanning services see varying levels of quality, but that’s where quality control comes in. Ask about the company’s quality control processes, including image verification, proofing, and error checking. Ensure that the company has a process in place to guarantee the accuracy of your scanned documents, and a policy that ensures they rectify any errors that do occur.
- Location: Finally, consider the location of the document scanning company. Working with a local company is supposed to be convenient, making it important that you find a company that’s accessible, and has a proven track record of delivering excellent results.
As is clear by now, there’s a lot that goes into choosing a local document scanning company. From data security to quality control, if you take into account the above factors, you should find yourself with a company that’s more than capable of taking care of your scanning requirements.
Interesting Related Article: “Top 10 Ways to Edit and Optimize Your PDFs“