In order to be successful in business, it is crucial to have a strong brand. A strong brand is one that is easily recognizable and commands a high level of trust from its customers.
To create a strong brand, it is important to invest in marketing and advertising initiatives that will get your company’s name out there. One of the most effective ways to do this is by having a business phone number that is easy for customers to remember and associate with your company.
In this article, we’ll explain:
- Why a business phone number is crucial for brand awareness
- How you can get a business phone number
- The other benefits of having a business phone number
- Other ways of improving your brand awareness
Why is a business phone number crucial for brand awareness?
Before we can discuss how a business phone number is important for brand awareness, it’s important to clarify what brand awareness really means.
In simple terms, brand awareness is the level of consumer recognition of a brand. It’s important to note that brand awareness is different from brand recall, which measures how easily a consumer can remember a brand after being exposed to it.
A business phone number is important for brand awareness because it gives your company an easy way to be contacted by potential customers.
When customers see your phone number, they will automatically associate it with your brand. This association will be even stronger if you have a local phone number, as it will make your brand seem more trustworthy and accessible.
How to get a business phone number
The best way to get a business phone number is to contact a VoIP provider. Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) is basically a phone service that uses the internet instead of a traditional phone line, and is a simple way to generate brand awareness.
This means that you can get a business phone number without having to install any new equipment or make any major changes to your existing infrastructure.
There are many VoIP providers to choose from, so it is important to do your research and find the one that best suits your needs. Once you have found a VoIP provider, you can sign up for an account and choose a business phone number.
Some VoIP providers also offer features like call forwarding and voicemail, so you can further customise your business phone number to meet your needs.
The other benefits of having a business phone number
There are many benefits of having a business phone number, in addition to the impact it can have on brand awareness.
1. A business phone number portrays you as a professional company
If you want your business to be successful, it is important to project a professional image. Having a business phone number is one way to do this, as it shows that you are a legitimate company that is serious about doing business.
Keep in mind that having a professional image does not mean you come off as a run-of-the-mill, formal corporate entity. You can still be friendly and approachable while maintaining a professional appearance.
2. A business phone number helps keep your personal life personal
When you use your personal phone number for business purposes, it can be difficult to keep your personal and professional lives separate. This can lead to unwanted calls at all hours of the day, which can be both disruptive and stressful.
Having a business phone number helps prevent this problem, as you can give out your business number to customers and clients without having to worry about them calling you at inappropriate times.
3. A business phone number allows you to have a professional voicemail
Another benefit of having a business phone number is that you can have a professional voicemail greeting. The greeting can list your business hours and tell callers what they can expect when they leave a message. This is a great way to give callers the impression that you are a professional, organised company.
On the other hand, if you use your personal voicemail for business purposes, it can give the impression that you are unprofessional and disorganised. This is not the message you want to send to potential customers!
4. A business phone number can help you better track marketing campaigns
If you are running a marketing campaign, it can be helpful to have a dedicated business phone number that you can use for that campaign. This way, you can track how many calls you receive from the campaign and gauge its effectiveness.
For example, let’s say you are running a print ad campaign. You could include a business phone number in the ad that is specific to that campaign. Then, you can track how many calls you receive from the ad and compare it to the number of leads generated by other marketing channels.
This will give you a good idea of how effective the campaign is and whether or not it is worth your time and money.
What are some other ways of improving your brand awareness?
In addition to signing up for a business phone number, there are many other ways to improve your brand awareness. Some of these include:
- Creating a strong visual identity for your brand. It’s especially important to be consistent with colours, as using a signature can increase brand awareness by 80%.
- Developing a tagline or slogan for your brand
- Creating informative and engaging content. You can check out our blog post on the growing importance of content marketing here.
- Using social media to promote your brand. Online branding nowadays is just as, if not more important than traditional methods of branding, as you are able to garner huge reach and visibility through social media and blogging.
- Participating in trade shows and other events
- Advertising your brand through traditional channels like television, radio, and print media
- Developing a strong relationship with your customers
- Creating a brand ambassadors program
- Offering promotional items like t-shirts, hats, and other branded merchandise
- Donating to charity and sponsoring community events
Discussing each of these in detail is beyond the scope of this blog post. But they’re important to keep in mind as you work on improving your brand awareness.
A business phone number can be a valuable asset for building brand awareness. It can also help you appear more professional, organised, and credible to your customers. Plus, you can use it to track marketing campaigns and gauge their effectiveness.
If you don’t have a business phone number, consider signing up for a VoIP service. This will allow you to get a business phone number without having to make any major changes to your existing infrastructure.
Interesting Related Article: “10 Customizable Promotional Items to Build Your Brand“