Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is one of many essential micronutrients that your body needs. A good source of vitamin C suggested by experts is a Vitamin C supplement. This supplement is especially recommended when a person has vitamin C deficiency.
Vitamin C is commonly known for its supporting role in the immune system and in helping fight against the common cold. Though we are surrounded by many natural sources of vitamin C, you can also take vitamin C tablets to help boost your immune system if you do not eat enough vegetables and fruits, or if your doctor recommends it.
Sources of Vitamin C:
- Green and red peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Winter squash.
- Turnip greens,
- Leafy greens.
- White and Sweet potatoes,
- Citrus fruits,
- Vitamin C capsules
Why Vitamin C Is So Important for your body:
Here are some benefits of vitamin C that make it very important to include in your daily life.
- Avoid or Reduce Deficiency Of Vitamin C: You need to start thinking about the daily amount of vitamin C you take. If you have Vitamin C deficiency then it will start showing symptoms like stress, depression, fatigue, tissue defects including petechiae, impaired wound, internal bleeding, rash, scurvy, and many others. Soothing this deficiency of vitamin C also helps to improve neurotransmission.
- Immune System: Include vitamin C in your diet if you want a stronger immune system that helps to fight against several seasonal infections. It is also a great source of antioxidant that helps to fight against free radicals which are responsible for damaging the cells that lead to health hazard effects. Along with that vitamin C also supports cellular functions.
- Blood Sugar Management: High blood sugar levels are responsible for diabetes. To regulate the blood sugar level, you need to have a good amount of vitamin C that can help reduce the blood glucose level. That can help reduce the higher risk of cardiovascular diseases and improve blood pressure levels and endothelial function.
- Skin Health: Include vitamin E and Vitamin C in your daily diet if you want to promote healthy collagen formation. Vitamin C plays an important role in collagen production which is like a superstar when we talk about skincare. It helps your skin to keep plump, tight, and without wrinkles. With the combination of these vitamins, you can decrease the melanin synthesis that addresses aging and skin issues.
- Weight Management: Vitamin C is quite effective when it comes to weight loss. It increases the metabolism of the body so that fat will not be stored in the body and turn it into the fuel to perform best while training.
Remember to include food rich in vitamin C or take Vitamin C capsules in your diet to get all the essential nutrients that your body needs. This vitamin plays an essential role and it also helps other vitamins get absorbed by the body so that your body can function properly. Always try eating food rich in vitamin C but if for some reason you can’t don’t forget to check with your doctor first.
Interesting Related Article: “7 Essential Immune System Supplements You Can Order Online“